chapter 30- antics

JUNIPER

"you know it'd be really great if this wind wasn't blowing around a million miles per hour. i dress myself up and i do my makeup just for mother nature to say 'fuck youuuu'!", a familiar raspy laugh breaks the cold air. she smiled at the beautiful girl standing next to her, her head tilted back breathing in the scent of the trees.

"that's why i always tell you not to wear makeup! you look amazing without it anyway, mama.", that charming smile breaks out on billie's mouth, parting smooth lips.

"i just thought i'd do something nice this time, spice it up a little more.", her hand ran over the large, rounded stones, feeling the grainy texture. it was a place she was familiar with and felt the safest.

they both enjoyed walking around the pasture and reading off funny jokes somebody wrote down. more often than not, they would be chasing each other around, dodging the big rocks that were in the way, it was like a marathon practice.

"okay but every time you end up looking like a raccoon then you get mad at me for laughing. you're literally setting yourself up each time to get made fun of!", billie smiled and hopped over a mound, the crotch of her pants just skimming the top.

"just appreciate the fact i care enough to make myself look this good.", she smirked as her hand circled around her face. her hair looked like a rats nest and each time she ran her hand through it she could feel it.

"it's like a booby tra—", she paused when her eyes shifted over to something just beyond the layers of trees, "huh, i don't remember anybody adding that. did you?"

billie looked over to where juniper was standing, only to find her gone and running towards the newest addition to the beautiful pasture.

"this is completely new! we haven't seen anybody come here these past few days though. i thought you would've seen them.", billie scratched the back of her neck awkwardly while sucking a breath through her teeth.

"i don't live here, you know that right?", juniper rolled her eyes and patted the vines that were intricately places on the small mountain formation.

"whoever made this was clearly experienced with modeling this stuff..", she dusted her hands on her pants and grimaced at the wet feeling.

the silence between them grew as they fell back into the same pace, enjoying all the sounds of birds chirping. an animal was screaming but it was probably gilbert, it was a little defective cardinal they found on the ground. they nursed it back to wellness together, but he grew the habit of just screaming at random times.

a ghost of fingers grazed her hand and she jumped a little, looking up at billie who had the look of innocence painted on her face. anything that wasn't firm or solid that touched a part of her body made a jarring feeling arise.

her paranoia of spiders got to her sometimes.

cold fingers slid between her own and squeezed slightly, causing her to smile as she looked towards the ground.

"how's alejandro?", billie spike up suddenly, they never ended on good terms since they rarely ever speak to each other. a childish, petty move they did when the other was around.

"he's doing alright, he's back home from his business trip. we went out for dinner last night. aviva was a little sick since she's pregnant and all, so he couldn't stay that long before he had to go back home.", billie nodded, glad she was doing well.

"oh! have you guys found out what gender the baby was yet?", she asked curiously, juniper let her know everything that was going on in life, keeping her updated.