:: chapter nine ::

;;;

;;;

I was not okay.

A groan escaped my lips. It was currently 8 AM and I was hungry, irritated, and of course, jet lagged. Plopping down on my surprisingly comfy hotel bed, I shoved my hands into my face and let out a mix of a long deep breath and a high pitched scream.

I laid on the bed for a few more minutes before I decided to get up before letting sleep overcome me and got ready to see my dad.

I unzipped my luggage, raising my hand to scratch the back of my neck. What to wear, what to wear?

If I am being completely honest, I was very nervous to see my father. I haven't seen him in years and here I am, visiting him unplanned and for a not so good reason. Sure I've gotten a few phone calls here and there over the years but nothing really special.

After a good forty five minutes of staring at my luggage, and daydreaming about um, no one in particular, I settled with wearing a pink jacket bigger than my ego, paired with a beige turtleneck and black pants.

The professionalism of the cardigan over the turtleneck just captured my attention so it would be rather foolish of me not to wear such exquisite attire

Just kidding lol, I literally left the second I got the call from the hospital so that's legit the only thing I packed in my bag. Laughing to myself, I grabbed my keys and headed out of the hotel room to go see my father.

;;;

"What do you mean he isn't taking visitors? Ma'am do you know who I am?" I asked frantically. The lady at the front desk opened her mouth to speak but I put my hand up. "If you're about to say anything that involves me not going to see my own father, I suggest you not say it all."

The lady closed her mouth after mumbling a quick apology and began to type onto her computer. She quickly smiled at me, "My apologies ma'am, family is allowed to visit your father so please follow me to his room."

Well duh.

I rubbed my hands over my forehead before mumbling, "trustfrated."

"I'm sorry what was that ma'am? I'm afraid my hearing isn't as good as it was in my youth." The lady chuckled before turning towards me.