Chapter Seventeen

Can we talk about how this story has gone up nearly 1.5K reads in a week? Oh my gods, you all are amazing! I hope you're enjoying the story so far, and I'll try to get another update soon! <3

Percy's POV:

To say that waking up to Annabeth laying on my chest was my favorite thing was an understatement. I know that she's fallen asleep on me before, but now she was actually mine. I didn't have to feel guilty about it or worry about her not liking me in that way. I mean, a part of me still wondered if Annabeth had faked her feelings the night before strictly because I'd had a rough day, but I was fairly certain she wasn't lying. 

I gently ran my fingers through her hair while admiring just how peaceful she looked in her sleep. She was absolutely adorable, and I couldn't help but stare at her. She was my girlfriend. Annabeth Chase was my girlfriend. I still couldn't wrap my head around that fact. 

It wasn't long before Annabeth started to stir and moved to sit up. Instinctively I pulled her into me closer, putting my chin on top of her head. "Let me go, Seaweed Brain. I need to get up for the day."

"Can we stay in bed for like a few more hours?" I asked as she tried to squirm out of my hold.

Annabeth laughed and relaxed a little against me. "I'll give you a few more minutes, not hours."

I groaned before continuing to run my fingers through her hair. Annabeth laid against me, her fingers tracing circles across my t-shirt on my chest. It was relaxing just laying with her, I probably would've spent all day like that if Annabeth would've let me, but alas it was only a few minutes before Wise Girl forced her way up. 

"Wise Girl," I whined, stretching out the L. "Why do we have to get up? It's Sunday which means neither of us have any plans."

"I'm hungry, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth answered. "If you come make breakfast with me then I'll give you a kiss in return?"

I groaned but got out of bed, and Annabeth and I headed into the kitchen to start preparing breakfast. It was still so strange that one of my best friends and the girl I may like a lot more than I ever want to admit was now my girlfriend. I probably could've just melted right on the spot just watching Annabeth make pancakes in my kitchen. 

"Stop staring," Annabeth teased. "Get the food coloring and syrup out please." 

I walked to the cupboard that contained the stuff I was looking for. "Question of the day, are we going to be exclusive or just be a couple here?" 

Annabeth's cheeks tinted a light red. "What do you want to do?" 

"I don't believe that's what I asked," I responded back. "I think you already have a pretty good guess as to what I want to do." 

Annabeth smiled, but her eyes looked a little nervous. "Well, I wouldn't mind being exclusive if that's what you want." 

"Wouldn't mind?" 

"Fine, Seaweed Brain." She took a deep breath. "I would like it if I could call you my boyfriend and be with you around other people. Good enough answer?" 

"Yep, that was perfect," I said, pressing a light kiss to her cheek before grabbing plates and forks. 

It took about ten minutes to finish pancakes up and all of my willpower not to smudge pancake batter on Annabeth's face. I'd already done it to her once previously. We'd been in the kitchen making breakfast with Luke when I accidentally got some on my finger while pouring batter on the pan, and I decided to swipe some across Annabeth's nose. To my surprise, she wasn't even mad at the time, but she took two fingers dipped in batter and drew a line across my face. Of course, we had a full on pancake batter war, which Luke failed to participate in.