Chapter Nineteen

Annabeth's POV:

The first thing Jason did after Percy pulled me out into the living room and kissed me in front of everyone was punch Percy in the shoulder. Meanwhile, everyone seemed to groan what I believed to be finally.

"I knew that you would do whatever you could to not listen to me, you absolute idiot," Jason teased Percy. "I believe this means that I win the bet."

"Doesn't count," Piper began. "Who knows how long it would have been before they got together if it weren't for your meddling. I can't believe you told Percy to wait to do anything just so you'd win a bet."

"Woah," I broke in. "Percy didn't make the first move, I did."

"With how Percy was drooling over you I thought there was no way he wouldn't confess his love first." Leo smirked.

I saw Percy's face go crimson, and before I could get in another world Nico broke in. "What bet number is this? I feel like we've had at least a dozen over the years. The first was in junior year, wasn't it?"

"Oh gods," Percy muttered under his breath. "Can you all shut up before Annabeth runs away, please?"

Paul laughed. "Everyone's just excited, Percy. We've been rooting for you two forever, pardon our enthusiasm that you both finally got over yourselves."

Percy laughed and gripped my hand tightly. "Well, that's now old news because I believe the birthday girl has a cake to eat and candles to blow out."

No one protested as we made our way into the kitchen where Sally lit up the candles that had already been placed on Estelle's cake. We all cheered and whooped as Estelle blew out the five candles that had been placed on her cake.

"What'd you wish for?" Jason called from across the room.

"I can't tell you!" Estelle exclaimed. "My wish won't come true if I tell anybody, Jason."

We all laughed as Estelle scolded Jason. Normally I didn't like cake to be honest, but Estelle's was delicious. Of course, Sally's magic with food must've been the reasoning behind it. Percy was also overjoyed by the blue and pink which didn't surprise me in the slightest.

For the remaining time of the party there was a lot of playing Just Dance and Mario Party, but for the most part Percy and I just watched everyone while I was curled into his side on one of the couches. It was nearly ten by the time everyone had headed home, and Percy was laying across my lap while Sally and Paul put Estelle to sleep.

Percy sat up, obviously tired. "Annabeth, can we stay here tonight, please?"

I nodded my head. "I don't have to go into work at all tomorrow luckily, so I'm good to stay here as long as it's okay with your mom."

"I already asked," Percy responded, tucking his head into my neck and pressing light kisses across the skin there.

I pushed at him softly. "Knock it off, Seaweed Brain." I stood up and grabbed his hands, pulling him up. "Where are we sleeping?"

Percy smirked before pulling me into a bedroom at the end of the hallway. It was Percy's bedroom I realized as I walked in. I smiled when I noticed all the pictures he'd set up of his family as well as all the band posters on the wall. His bedroom seemed exactly like I would picture sixteen-year-old Percy decorating would end up like. There was no organization, and half of the things on his wall were crooked, yet it seemed so him.

"Don't you just love it," Percy joked. "I haven't lived here for four years, but it's still decorated exactly as it was when I was eighteen."

I laughed. "It really fits that bad boy streak you had in high school for sure."

Percy chuckled. "I was not bad. I just had a mischievous grin that got me in trouble a lot. Although I can't imagine my association with the Stoll's helped me either."

I laid back against his bed. "I like it in here. It has so much personality compared to your bedroom back home."

"Well, I would decorate it, but I feel like you would dislike it," Percy said.

"Why would it matter if I disliked it, Seaweed Brain?"

Percy seemed to think for a moment. "Well, whenever you want it to be it'll be both of our room."

"Really?" I asked.

Percy nodded his head before throwing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt at me. "Go get dressed for bed sleepy head."

"Wow, how kind you are."

I walked to the bathroom where I got dressed before bumping into Sally in the hallway. "I have yet to tell you how excited I am that you and Percy are together."

"I was hoping that you'd be excited," I said. "No one matters more to Percy than you all, so it'd be quite the problem if you didn't like me."

"I don't think it's possible to dislike you. Plus, you're all Percy has talked about for months, so I couldn't be happier that you're finally together."

I smiled at the admission from Sally. Percy had told me that his mother knew that he had liked me for a long time, but I had no clue what details Sally had actually been given. Maybe she'd been told everything. "Thank you. I'm going to get back to Percy and go to bed, but thank you again for everything."

Sally stuck her arms out and embraced me. I wasn't used to hugs like this from mother figures. Was it stupid that I'd begun to choke up from her warm embrace alone?

Percy walked into the hallway as we stepped apart and leaned against the wall. "I thought you'd either taken off or forgotten about me."

"So self-centered," Sally teased.

Percy walked over and kissed Sally on the head. "Goodnight, Mom. Love you." He grabbed my hand and tugged. "Can we go to bed now?"

I laughed and gripped his hand tighter. "Yes, Seaweed Brain." I looked toward Sally once again. "Goodnight."

Percy pulled me into his old bedroom, and we laid on the bed with one of his arms under my head and the other resting on my waist. "I wasn't joking when I said that whenever you want to, I'd like you to stay in my room as well. Or we can stay in your room."

I tucked my head closer into his chest. "I figured you weren't. Can we talk about it more tomorrow?"

Percy pressed a kiss across my forehead. "Definitely. Goodnight, Wise Girl."

"I love you, Seaweed Brain," I murmured. "Goodnight."

I could feel Percy grin against my head. "I love you too, Annabeth."  

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter once again, but the next chapter will be up soon. The only spoiler I will give for now is it's time for an official first date. Love you all <3