Chapter 13

Author's POV:

The next day, Larry woke up in the bed. He stretched his arm out to the other side of the bed; before he realized Bergundee wasn't there.

"Bergundee?" Larry called out as he sat up in bed.

He looked around the room and didn't see her. He got out of bed and checked the bathroom. Nobody was in the bathroom. Larry thought it was strange that she wasn't in the room with him. He threw on some clothes and left the room. Then, he went to Laurent's room. After a couple of knocks, Laurent opened the door.

"Where's Bergundee? Is she in there?" Larry asked.
"Nah, she's not here. Neither is Vylette. I was just on my way to ask you where she was." Laurent mentioned.
"Where do you think they went?" Larry said as he continued to think about it.

Larry and Laurent came to the same conclusion and said,

"The car."

Larry and Laurent walked out the motel and checked the parking lot for the car. The car was gone.

"Are you fucking serious?" Laurent yelled.
"Hold up. Just because they took the car, doesn't mean they're not coming back." Larry calmly said.
"If there intention was to come back, they could have just told us they would be back. But they didn't! Did they?" Laurent yelled again.

Larry hated to admit that Laurent had a point. But he had to know for sure; so he called Bergundee.

"Hey you." Bergundee sweetly answered the call.
"Where are you?" Larry asked.
"You sound mad. What's wrong?" Bergundee questioned.
"Larry's mad?" Vylette asked as she sat in the passenger seat.

Bergundee shrugged her shoulders and continued to talk to Larry.

"Nothing. I just wondered why you took off with the car. Without telling me." Larry expressed.
"I'll tell you why when I get there. I'm on the way. I don't feel safe driving and talking on the phone. I'll see you in a minute. Bye." Bergundee said and ended the call.
"What she say?" Laurent asked.
"Not much. She's on her way back." Larry answered.

Minutes later, Bergundee and Vylette returned to the motel. Larry and Laurent was standing in the parking lot with folded arms. Bergundee and Vylette happily approached Larry and Laurent.

"Hey, what's up?" Vylette said.
"Don't hey me." Laurent replied with an attitude.
"Where did y'all go?" Larry asked.
"We went to the store." Bergundee answered.
"Come with us." Vylette added.

They walked into Laurent's motel room.  Larry and Laurent got comfortable on the bed as Bergundee and Vylette stood before them.

"Me and Vylette came up with an idea. Remember when we styled you guys' hair for the club?" Bergundee mentioned.
"Yeah." Larry answered.
"So, what's your idea?" Laurent asked.
"We're gonna change our hair. It's just as important for us to look different as it was for you guys." Vylette explained.
"That's right. And we bought a few things like...brushes, combs, hair dyes, scissors and gel." Bergundee added.
"Yes!" Laurent happily yelled.
"It's about time you switched it up a bit." Larry added.
"Just give us a few minutes alright." Vylette said and took off her purple wig; revealing dark brown cornrows.
"That was a wig?" Laurent surprisingly asked.
"Yeah." Vylette answered.

Larry looked at Bergundee's hair and thought she was wearing a wig too.

"Get with the program, girl. And take it off." Larry jokingly said and pulled the back of her hair downwards.
"Oww! What are you doing?" Bergundee yelled at Larry.
"Trying to get you to take off your wig." Larry replied.
"Larry, that's not a wig. That's her hair!" Vylette yelled.
"Yeah, yeah, I know. It's her hair because she bought it. I've heard that one before. I swear y'all women get too personal with your wigs." Larry said as Laurent laughed at him.
"No, stupid! This is my real hair!" Bergundee yelled as she rubbed her now sensitive scalp.
"Oh damn. Baby, I'm sorry." Larry embarrassingly replied.
"Come on, sis. Before Larry gets slapped." Bergundee said as her and Vylette walked into the bathroom.