Chapter 14

Author's POV:
The runaways were back on the road. With Larry driving and Laurent by his side; Bergundee and Vylette whispered in the backseat.

"So, what's with you and Larry?" Vylette asked.
"Huh?" Bergundee replied with a half smile.
"Don't play me. I see the way y'all look at each other." Vylette mentioned.
"Last night...I gave him some." Bergundee said with a raised eyebrow.
"I knew it!" Vylette raised her voice and was quickly hushed by Bergundee.

Laurent looked back at Bergundee and Vylette. Bergundee and Vylette stopped talking like school girls caught gossiping. When Laurent turned back around; Bergundee and Vylette continued their conversation in sign language. This is what they said:

"Remember when you said Laurent was packing? Girl you was dead right." (Bergundee)
"Oh my god! I knew you two was feeling each other. Gimme all the details! And don't leave out nothing." (Vylette)
"Okay, so he bought me roses and wine. And we had a conversation about ourselves. And what we've been through. He was so in tuned with what I liked. For us, it was more than good sex. He feels me." (Bergundee)
"You love him?" (Vylette)
"Hard to say. I mean...how do you fall in love with someone you just met a few days ago?" (Bergundee)
"You just do!" (Bergundee and Vylette said at the same time. And laughed out loud.)
"Okay, okay....but seriously. You talked to Laurent about what's gonna happen once we get to Canada?" (Bergundee)
"Not yet." (Vylette)
"We need to a.s.a.p. How about at the next stop we make, we do it then?" (Bergundee)
"You got it." (Vylette)

Larry slowed down a bit and said,

"Ladies, welcome to Portland."

Everyone cheered and clapped.

"Oh oh." Larry said with concern.
"What?" Laurent asked.
"We almost out of gas." Larry answered.

Larry drove to the nearest gas station.

"I hope they gotta restroom." Bergundee said as stepped out the car; looking around.

The store at the gas station had two clerks.

"Can I get a fill of regular gas on pump number 3?" Larry asked and he reached for his wallet.

As Larry gave the clerk the money, Laurent tapped him on the shoulder and mentioned,

"I'm a get some snacks."
"Cool, get me some Gatorades." Larry replied.

Meanwhile, Bergundee and Vylette was in the restroom, located in the back of the store. Since there was only one toilet, the ladies had to take turns. As Vylette used the toilet, Bergundee's phone ringed.

"Who's that? Larry?" Vylette asked.
"It's nobody. Just a newsletter notification." Bergundee answered and opened her email newsletter.

As Vylette cleaned up, Bergundee read the newsletter. Bergundee continued to read as she used the toilet.

"Berg?" Vylette said.

Bergundee didn't responded to Vylette. So, Vylette called out to Bergundee again. This time, Bergundee upsettingly looked up at Vylette.

"What's wrong?" Vylette asked.

Bergundee rolled her eyes and tossed Vylette the phone. Vylette read the newsletter and said,

"What...the fuck?"

After Bergundee was done using the toilet, she firmly washed her hands and replied,

"They fucked with the wrong sisters ."
"What are we gonna do?" Vylette sadly asked.

Just when Bergundee was gonna answer Vylette, there was a  knock at the door.