your brother finds out you're pregnant

right now i'm at home sitting on the couch in the living room, calum walks down the stairs with ashton, luke and michael following him.
michael: i would love to stay for this amazing conversation that's about to happen but crystal is at home waiting for me.
luke: yeah and me and sierra have plans. bye cal.
calum: you guys please-
michael: sorry. we gotta go.
calum: ashton please stay. i don't know how to handle this situation-
ashton: i'll stay.
calum: thank you.

calum and ashton walk into the living room while luke and michael leave the house, calum grabs the remote and shuts the tv off. him and ashton stand in front of the tv and i look up at them.
calum: hey uh can you set your phone down?
ashton: we need to have a talk with you.

i set my phone down on my lap.
calum: so i found something in the bathroom downstairs today that no one ever uses and we need to have a serious talk about it.
maddison: am i in trouble?

calum and ashton look at each other, ashton gives calum a sympathetic look and shakes his head no. they look back at me.
calum: no but it's serious and i'm a little disappointed in you and joey and mom and dad might be too.
ashton: is there any chance at all that you could be pregnant?

my heart drops down to my stomach, tears prick my eyes and a lump appears in my throat. i pull my knees up to my chest and i start crying.
maddison: *crying* c-calum i'm so sorry. it was an accident. i-i swear.

calum pulls a positive pregnancy test from his back pocket, he sets it on the coffee table.
calum: we found it in the cabinet in the bathroom downstairs. i figured something was going on because for the past few weeks you've been eating different and wearing baggy clothes.
ashton: have you gone to the doctor?

ashton and calum walk over to the couch, they each sit down beside me. ashton hugs me.
maddison: *crying* y-yeah.
ashton: how far along are you?
maddison: *crying* four m-months
calum: maddison. oh my god. you've hid this for four months? that's like your second trimester.
maddison: *crying* i'm so sorry. i-i didn't want to tell you because i was afraid of your reaction.
calum: when were you planning on telling me? when you brought the baby home or something?
maddison: *crying* i-i don't know cal.
calum: do you guys even know what you're doing? you guys don't even know anything about parenting-
ashton: calum calm down for a minute. are you wearing baggy clothes because you're showing?

i nod my head.
ashton: how big is your belly?

i shrug my shoulders and bury my head in my knees.
ashton: it's gonna be okay maddison. cal is mad right now but you know he's only mad because it's a surprise.

a couple of seconds go by.
ashton: calum go get her some pop.
maddison: *crying* i can't h-have pop.
ashton: oh shit that's right. go get her some water.

calum gets off of the couch.
ashton: it's okay madi. stand up, i want to see how big your belly is.

i lift my head up and see ashton smiling, i try to calm down. i wipe my eyes and stand up. i pull my oversized hoodie up over my stomach.
ashton: holy shit. i can't believe that hoodie covers your stomach.

i look up and calum walks back into the living room, he squeezes the water bottle to where his knuckles start turning white. i pull my hoodie down.
calum: i'm gonna kill him!
ashton: calum don't. you're gonna make this worse. sit down and calm down.
calum: look at her! he did this to her!
ashton: it's not just his fault-
calum: he didn't force himself onto you, did he?!

i instantly shake my head no, tears gather in my eyes again.
calum: maddison, how could you let this happen?!
maddison: calum i'm s-sorry. w-we didn't mean for it to happen.
ashton: calum knock it off. she's scared enough. sit your ass down and take a chill pill.
calum: it doesn't seem like she's scared! she kept it a secret for four god damn months!

calum turns around and walks to the back door, he opens it and walks outside slamming the door behind him. ashton stands up.
ashton: stay here, i'll be right back. he's just a little disappointed maddison.

ashton walks to the back door and walks outside, i grab my phone and walk to the front door. i put my shoes on and grab my keys and wallet, i walk outside to my car, i unlock it and get in. i pull out of the driveway and start crying again, i start driving to joey's.

-calum's p.o.v-
i grab my lighter and cigarettes, i sit down on the porch. the back door opens and ashton walks outside.
ashton: you said you would keep your cool earlier and you definitely didn't keep your cool. she's scared and that wasn't the right reaction or words to say to her.
calum: ashton, he's eighteen and she's sixteen. she's not even seventeen yet. imagine having a little sister that you have full custody of and your parents trust you to take care of her and make sure she's always safe and never getting into trouble and then you find out she's four months pregnant. what the hell am i supposed to tell my parents? they trusted me ashton. they trusted me and i failed. i let maddison get pregnant from an eighteen year old.
ashton: i get it cal but she's terrified. she doesn't completely understand and she's scared and you reacting the way you did scared her even more. you didn't let her do it. it was something that her and joey chose to do and it was an accident.
calum: joey is eighteen. he should know how to use protection and what it is and it's illegal for him and maddison to even legally be together.