Chapter 6: Their first meeting

Marco

"So, you came across that Angel just like that?" Gedo asked after a while.

He had already eaten the tenth pack of pop corn, without even removing his mask from 'V'.

"You sure like to eat a lot." I mumbled angrily and Gedo giggled.

"Hey I have a big appetite when it comes to fishy stories. Anyway, tell me the rest!" he insisted like a child and sat better on the couch he had manifested for himself.

---------------------------

Auge had flown down to Earth full of excitement for her new job. She could feel the wind pulling back her hair and her body falling faster as she curled her wings to their sides, speeding more and more.

When the clouds cleared Auge saw the continents appearing below her and the deep blue of the ocean reflecting the sun rays.

"Such a beautiful world!" she shouted from her excitement and opened her wings, gaining altitude enough so she could sense her human.

Uriel had informed her that the human she was going to protect was a small boy, which lived into a settlement at an island at the eastern side of the Middle Sea. Auge knew from the map her Lady had given to her, that the one island with these coordinates was going to be called in the future 'Cyprus' and the sea 'Mediterranean'.

"So this is the place; judging from the green it must be full of forests in the north and look at the sea!"

Auge was ecstatic; being so close into the environment the humans lived was making her feel closer to the most beloved child of Him. She flapped her wings and dove down, making loops and spins into the air.

She felt the connection stronger and she headed to the direction she could sense the boy. But she had placed too much speed on her wings and that caused the young Angel to squeal from fear of falling with her head down to the ground.

"Watch out!" she screamed, afraid of hitting anything or anyone on her way.

Auge moved her feet and managed the last moment to land hard on the open spot of the ground. As she fell with her still open wings, her crush raised a cloud of dust, which made her cough loudly and her short chiton become brown from white.

She got up and started to clean herself quickly, taking her time since she knew that the mortals couldn't see her. The cloud of dust quickly dissolved as a soft breeze came from her behind and Auge thanked the Heavens for that.

But when she turned around, her eyes fell upon the man who was standing across her; he was dressed in black, with pale skin and black claws instead of nails. His hair was short and black with two horns on them and deep red eyes with slits in them instead of pupils. But what made Auge look at him surprised were the pair of wings; long and silky black like a raven's.

Demon.

His expression was as surprised as hers, since he eyed her from head to toe as if he was seeing an exotic creature.

"I must work on my landing. The Earth's ground is not as soft as the clouds." Auge pout from her surprise.

The man suddenly burst into laughter, by holding his belly with his hands and his head titled back, revealing his small fangs on his upper jaw.

"Are you stupid? That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard!" he shouted at her still laughing.

Of course she didn't expect nice words from a Demon; Uriel had spoken to her of them. They dwell in the night and they can't stand the powers of the Light. Only the strongest ones can manage a fight with an Angel.