Nineteen

"What is going on here?!" Leonard yelled, looking at his sister and his mother.

Nicole shook her head. "Nothing. Mum's awake . She was scared so I tried to calm her down, but I don't know if she's okay now."

Leonard changed his sight from Nicole to his mother, "Is everything all right with you?"

"Yeah, what happened?" Edith asked, as she tried to sit up. "I've got a head ache. I feel like I've been hit by a truck." 

"You were in an accident, but everything's all right now. The doctors took care of you. Are you in any pain of some sorts?" Nicole asked, as she glanced to her mother with concern.

"Just some pain in the stomach and the legs, but that's it." Edith replied, as she let out a sigh. "What are you doing here?"

Leonard looked from his mother back to his sister. "We were worried about you."

"You don't have to worried about me. I'm not going anywhere." the Haughts' mother replied. "Everything's going just fine."

Leonard released a chuckle, "Well, that's how mother usually responds."

"Well, okay then. If everything's all right, then I'll be leaving, I guess?" Nicole said with a doubtful tone in her voice. "Waverly, are you coming?" 

"Yes, I'm right behind you."

What Waverly didn't see, was Nicole internally fighting with the demon taking over her body. It was like the demon was trying to use Nicole as a cover to come close enough to the Earp family to kill the Heir, named Wynonna Earp.

"Get out." Nicole hissed to her body. "I will kill you."

The demon chuckled, making Nicole's body wheel itself to the exit of the hospital.  "You're a strong one, Haught." the demon noted. "But I'm stronger."

Nicole felt herself slipping away, as the demon took over again. As Nicole tried to fight it, Waverly walked out of the hospital. "So where do you wanna go, honey?"

The demon smiled at Waverly. "Why don't we go to the Homestead?" the monster suggested. "Wynonna's there, right?"

"Yeah, I'll text her right away." Waverly replied, grabbing her phone out of her pocket, typing a quick message. "I'll drive?"

"Sure, it's not like I can."

+++

Waverly drove the car to the Homestead, parking it not so far from the porch. "Wait, I'll help you out." Waverly said, as she got out and taking Nicole's wheelchair out of the car.

Nicole opened the car door, waiting for Waverly to place the wheelchair in front of her. She supported herself with her hands against the car door, before taking a seat in the wheelchair. The younger Earp wheeled her wife to the door, which Nicole opened, as the two women were greeted by Wynonna. 

"How was it at the hospital?" Wynonna asked, as she returned to the couch, taking a seat on it. "Did everything go okay?"

"It was kind of weird." Waverly replied, recalling Edith's scream. "Nicole was in the room, when suddenly, Edith started screaming. Leonard had to bust in the door to get in, but everything seemed normal again."

Nicole was trying to break free from the demon's control, she was trying so hard to let Wynonna and Waverly know it wasn't really her; it was the demon. She wanted to warn them, she needed to warn them about the monster.

"Could I go to the toilet, please?" the demon in Nicole's form suddenly asked, realising Nicole was stronger than he had originally thought.

"Sure." Wynonna said, "You don't have to ask that. You know the way."