Nightmares

He looks so adorable^🥺
The second request from. backontop I'm so sorry that it's taken this long I sort of forgot about this book. Anyway I hope you like it!
Circa: 1971
Fluff

I woke up in a puddle of sweat. George's arms were wrapped tightly around me. I turned to face him to see that he was wide awake.
"Are you okay darling? You did a lot of turning and sweating," he asked rather concerned. I sat up and began to speak.
"I had a nightmare geo. I'm scared he'll find me," I said. George gave me a concerned look again. He sat up so he was around about my height now and pulled me into his bare chest.
"Who? You're safe with me I promise you but who are you scared of?"

I completely forgot that he didn't know. Before George, I was in a rather abusive relationship. Ever since we broke up I was scared in case he would find me or try to hurt me or worse, people who I love. I didn't tell George because I was too scared to open up to him. It's not an easy thing for me to do. I took a deep breath and began to explain.
"George, do you remember when we first started dating about a year ago and I would be nervous about doing things like spending too much time together or the public finding out and things like that?" I asked. He nodded slowly.
"It's because before I met you I'd been in an abusive relationship with some guy. He was horrible and the nightmare was about him. He broke into our house looking for me, to hurt me. But when he found you he got mad and tried to hurt you," I explained as tears began to fall.

George's embrace began to tighten ever so slightly as he began to rock me back and forth to calm me.
"Shhhh it's okay darling I'm not letting anyone hurt you. He sounds like a twat, you never deserved that and I'll make sure no one ever hurts you again.-The public don't know we're together yet and we'll try to cover it up until you're ready," he said in a soothing tone as he combed his long fingers through my hair.

"If it makes you feel any better I had a dream that we got married and had kids," he said placing a kiss in my forehead. A smile appeared on my face.
"I'd like that," I said.
"So would I," he replied.
"You never know I might consider proposing soon," he said.
"The answer would be a definite yes," I said before kissing him on the cheek.

I didn't realise it would be this short so sorry about that.