𝔸𝕃𝕆ℕ𝔼,𝕀 𝔾𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕊:'(

Journey with me as I till the land of my imagination.

This might take a while.

Discretion
May contain violence, graphic content, racism...name it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat alone at the dining table. The noise in the room was unbearable.Every single utterance was against me . After the death of my mother, things became a lot more transparent than they used to. Initially my mum's family loved me wholeheartedly with that blurry vision_ I must say. I guess the absence of my mother had corrected my eyesight.

"I know a very descent orphanage,it's at Dodowa." One of my aunts mentioned. That woman used to send me birthday cards.

Hypocrisy,ew.

After several arguments it was settled; I was going to live in an orphanage. The only person I trusted was the one who brought the idea so I was stuck.

"I'll adopt her!" A masculine voice echoed in the room.

Savior, hear my humble cry[not so humble but it worked]. I sang the hymn in my head.

It was my stepfather. I was not surprised, just impressed. That entry deserved an Oscar . I wasn't expecting him to you know, save the undeserving and self-centered kid. Plot twist huh.

Good job bro.

He walked into the middle of the hall and stood right beside the glass table.

"Efe come closer." I hesitated but walked and stood by him without actually looking at their faces. I didn't want them to see the fear in my eyes. I didn't want to be pitied by anyone. How can people be so inconsiderate? At least my mom's house on the mountains could be handed to me so that I can run away into solitude, change my name and become a private investigator like Anas or an assasin.

"I'm moving back to the U.S., you're coming with me." He told me when everyone but my mum's cousin had left. I used to trust Aunty Dora . She was even closer to me than my mother was. She took care of me since I was little. She called me her baby because she was barren. She was the one there for me , walking with me and caring for me. She has so many attributes . The aunty Dora I now saw was a snake, an owl, a chameleon and a panda (her lazy a** couldn't earn her own fortune). Not your regular Dora the explorer.  She explores very interesting things here.

Language,I know but I'm not very happy.

Seeing her now, felt so...... different. All this while, she wasn't who I thought she was and the thought of it was crazy. Like a little demon was in the room everyday watching me grow. It hurt me so much. All she did was to kiss my forehead before departing. Like Judas Iscariot, the kiss was the last I had of her .

It remained my stepfather and I.  I don't think we had ever had a full conversation.  I tried not to associate myself with him. But now it's just us.

" You can talk to me if you want to. I know we were never really got along your mum was around but this can work. " He sips from his mug.

"My son's been left alone back home . He says his mother is causing........trouble so we'll have to leave soon. He can't be trusted let alone left alone." I don't respond.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk but it's just you and me now. Everyone's left.-"

"And you'll all leave eventually." I sighed after interrupting him.

" Everyone comes to leave. My father left, my mother left and Aunty Dora left. They tell you they won't go anywhere but they break your trust and walk out. The purpose of coming,is to leave and the leaving hurts once there's at attachment and so let's not go there Steve." I wasn't looking forward to opening up to my stepfather,ever. Things happened at a quick pace.