ℂ𝔼𝕃𝔼𝔹ℝ𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ𝕊

" Hey check who's at the door okay!" Stephen shouts from the kitchen. I walk out of Steve's office after arranging the last set of newspapers.

The person had already entered to my surprise. I thought the door only opened for registered faces. I got my face imputed a couple of weeks ago.

"Good..... afternoon who are you searching for." She sure wasn't lost as she made her way to the seat right behind us. She had a baby with her. It was a little girl about one or two years old.

"I assume you're Steve's kid from Ghana. Her late wife's daughter?" She asked with a smile that looked exactly like Stephen's.

Damn, such resemblance that I knew who she was that moment.

"Uhm.... yeah and I assume you're Steve's ex wife and Stephen's mother." I scratch my hair that I unbraided over the weekend.

" Efe who was at the door?!" Stephen screams again.

" Your mother." I mutter but I guess he heard me well.

" Ma!!!!!! I missed you so much!!" His accent was so thick like a native.

He hugged her and kissed her forehead. She had straight black her and dark brown eyes. She had two piercings and  had on stud earrings. I could see the eye liner and the mascara from where I was standing. She had a thin face and pointed nose. She was thick as well.

The baby she held was straight from the photocopier machine. She resembled her mother just that she was a bit light-skinned. Her white top had 'I  love daddy' written on it. It matched her black and white polka dot shorts. Her gaze was kept on me while her mother exchanged pleasantries with her brother.

" Hey could you check on the sauce for me?" I nod and and walk lamely to the kitchen.

I staired the chicken sauce which looked almost ready and tasted it for the last time. Stephen and I mad e a great team of cooks. We were preparing  meals for the weekend because Steve did not enjoy allowing us to order from outside. We prepared all our weekend meals on Friday and refrigerated them so we would be able to leave the house peacefully.

Good idea? My idea.

Stephen and his mother walked into the kitchen talking and screaming.

Uhhhhg someone hide me. I wish I could disappear.

" Oh so you can cook. I thought the way your mother was running around other people's husbands she didn't have time to even teach you that. " Initially I thought she wasn't talking about me until she got to the latter part.

"Are you talking to me??" I turn with the whole smug look on my face.

I mean ......the what the f***??

"Yeah, for your information your mother was the other woman. Why do you think all this happened ?" She says relaxed and places the child on the counter.

I could smell the sauce burning but at this moment I didn't really care about nutrition.

" My mom had nothing to do with this, can you allow her to sleep?" I saw Stephen shoot me a look.

Oh so she can talk against my mother and I can't talk against yours. What did I say about people. They always leave. The time was just not due.

"Yes your rotten mother was having a godamn affair with Steve and he was nearly around because of her. I couldn't take it anymore so I asked for a divorce." She was sort of shouting and even the child was freaking out.

Stephen walked to the hall and sat down pressing the remote. Our eyes followed him out. I bet he didn't want to take sides.

I'm sure my mother didn't do anything on purpose. Maybe she had no idea he had a wife. After all Steve was a popular guy in Ghana and nothing talked about his marriage.