ℙ𝕀ℂ𝕂𝕀ℕ𝔾 𝕌ℙ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔹𝔼𝔸ℕ𝕊•°•

" What did you say your name was?" I ask finally abandoning my homework. I had been doing my homework since I ushured this boy into my room. He did nothing but to place the stool that stood at the base of my bed next to my study table. From there, he 'observed' his surroundings in silence. Not once did he disturb the comfortable silence. I liked that.

"Drew, Andrew....call me whatever you want." I finally faced him and he wore his grin.

" Dre is short. It'll keep the convos brief." He nodded in response.

" Dre?? I like it." He's beaming and I think he's exaggerating it.

I rolled my eyes at that. I was still in my uniform so I left to the closet to get changed. I changed into some grey sweatpants and a black tank top. I was hoping to get out later. My hair needed to be put in a protective hairstyle as soon as possible but that could take an entire day to finish. Once I'm outside I move to sit on my bed. Dre is already looking at me once I'm seated. We're facing each other and for a moment I'm reminded of Nana Yaw. That dude ditched me for real. So much for " I won't leave". Everyone leaves.

Chill baby chill.

" So there's this thing about me. People don't stick around for too long. I'll give you a week or two but you'll eventually leave. Everyone leaves." I pause and sigh. " Most of the time I do drive them away. " That part is stifled but is still loud enough.

" Ehrm.....I agree with you perfectly. We're probably alike in this case. I drive people away too. Look, it's not about who leaves and when. It's about the memories and the benefits we share and gain. Those ones never leave trust me. " He's laughing and it eliminates his radiating seriousness. " Now I'm beginning to sound like my therapist." His laughter dies immediately.

I know it's weird to let a stranger into your house. However has anything normal happened to me? My life is weird. I'm mostly led by my curiosity. it's not just about the mysterious death. I can't seem to survive and thrive effectively without a pawn. I do not mean it badly but it is what it is.

Maybe I thrive on the attention. Maybe.

"So....why are you not in school? Isn't it weird that you've been away since your...I mean sinse the incident?" I literally do not care how he feels but I ask as though it's an uncomfortable topic.

Well it is

" I can't go back. I can't bring myself to stepping foot there." He licks his lips nervously and stands up. " I didn't go to the juvie because of what happened. It was all just a coincidence. Now it looks like I killed Coleman. It would've haunted me I swear." His hand pulls his hairband out and a curtain of black curls bounce unto his shoulders." I swear it would've haunted me but Luna it doesn't. I don't feel any guilt. I grieve like everyone else does. Yet I carry it all and I can't live again. It's as though I died that day too. Something in me died with Coleman." My eyes widen a bit too much at those words that were an epitome of who I was at the moment. His eyes meet mine and I shut mine. I couldn't let him read me. No.

" So you prefer staying indoors the whole day doing nothing. Online school and then you're done for the day." He's managing a grin when I'm done speaking.

" Hell no! " He's actually laughing and I genuinely laugh. It feels warm. " I do other stuff. I work at my aunt's Salon. It's the best in town. I play basketball. I've ruined my sporting career so I just do it for fun. I did voley for sometime too when we used to go to the beach. Uhmm, yup that's about all the non-lame activities I do."

" So you can do something about this bird's nest?" I point to the puff sitting on my head.

" Of course. High bun, low bun, a swoop, them goddess braids and knotless. I could even top it up with them edges sweetheart." He smirks and I just roll my eyes.