Chapter 3 New Cave Friends?

_Dipper's POV_

I woke up with a start a bit before Mabel and I went back to the hiding spot and it was there so I grabbed my bag and stuffed it in there since I didn't feel like carrying it. I had a strange feeling about that game and how Soos acted the way he did. I heard a groan from the other side of the room I looked over to see Mabel with her messy hair sitting up.

Mabel: "Dipper...? What are you...doing?" She said while rubbing her tired eyes.

I froze when she said that trying to think of something.

Dipper: "O-oh me... I w-was just g-getting ready f-for exploring today that's all."

Mabel: "Oh ok, bro bro."

With that knowledge, she got her clothes and went to the bathroom. I sighed in relief that she was herself so I just brushed it off as her being her tired self that day. I grabbed my pine tree hat and put it on my head brushing the hair that was in my face away from it. After Mabel got out of the restroom I went in and got dressed in my usual attire. After I got ready for the day I headed back to our room and grabbed my bag only to see Mabel looking through her scrapbook.

Dipper: "Hey, aren't you coming downstairs?"

Mabel: "Yeah, I was just making sure nothing important fell out that's all!"

Dipper: "Did you check on Waddles yet?"

After what I said she instantly slammed her book shut and stood up in a rush.

Mabel: "Oh my god! I forgot about Waddles!"

She threw her book onto her bed and ran out of the room probably to find Waddles. After that, I went downstairs to find Mabel holding Waddles in her arms.

Mabel: "Look Dip dop I found him!"

Dipper: "That's great Mabel what time do you wanna leave?"

Mabel: "Well don't you sometimes leave right after breakfast?"

Dipper: "Yeah...?"

Mabel: "Can we do that like an hour later?"

Dipper: "Sure," I said shrugging my shoulders.

I had some cereal but I didn't eat much of it because I was flipping page by page in journal three to find something about a video game glitching out of existence or was it. It must have been a sign for something but nothing was found of it. I found a slip of paper and tape and flipped to the back of the book and made sure nothing was on the back.

'Glitching video games???' I wrote onto the paper.

I tapped it in so I wouldn't forget about it later. I assumed that Mabel forgot half of the showdown last night since she hasn't brought it up yet. All sorts of theories flow through my head like tidal waves and I didn't try anything to stop my undying curiosity...

~TeM sKiP~

Mabel: "Dipping sauce??? Are you ready bro?"

I was reading more of the journal in our room phased I jumped when Mabel tried to get my attention but soon eased when I found out it was just my sister.

Dipper: "Y-yeah I'll be down in a sec ok."

Mabel: "Ok, bro."

She went downstairs and I slipped on some shoes and put the book back into my bag. Something about that book felt so mesmerizing to the point I couldn't put it down. I stretched before exiting the bedroom as I saw Mabel playing with her pet Waddles.