Chapter 4

"Honey, your father called. He's free at the moment so you can Skype with him now", my mom informed me as I came home from school the next Friday.

I was not in a particularly good mood because ever since our argument on the bus, Mickey hadn't hung with Sean, Antonio, Tinera or me. Instead, she'd joined them Alphabitches on their lunch table. And she still hadn't told me what Dominique had told her. It had been a long fortnight. And even though I was mad at her, I still missed her a ton. 

But the mere mention of my dad immediately lifted my spirits.

"I'll be behind my computer if you need me", I grinned as I headed to my room.

Once I'd gotten there, I grabbed my laptop from my desk and sat on my bed. I opened up Skype and called my him

"Hey, Dad!"

"Hey, Rae-Bear, how you doing?" I grinned widely as his face came into view.

"I'm alright, but we really need to talk. And when are you coming home?!" I laughed, as my dad shook his head.

We spent the next hour and a half talking about my life; school, the upcoming party, and other random stuff.

I wasn't quite ready to talk about the whole Mickey incident. Especially because I felt like it was a little immature on her part. So when he asked of her, I just said the usual 'oh, she's great' line.

 We also talked about his work. He'd done a lot during his stay in New Zealand, and he didn't hesitate to tell me about his other experiences there. I mean, he probably kept some things to himself, but I didn't really mind.

One of the reasons I missed my dad so much was because I felt like I could tell him anything. Even some things I couldn't tell my mom.

"Okay, Dad, I know I've asked before, but when are you coming home?"

"Next Monday", he replied. "Don't miss me too much, I'll be home soon. Now, you need to get some sleep, young lady", he smirked.

"Dad!"

"Hey, no fighting here, I'm just being a good parent".

I laughed. "I know, Dad. But it's Friday".

"Okay, that's true. But I need to sleep".

"Alright, I guess I could let you go".

He smiled. "That's my girl. Goodnight Rachel".

"'Night, Dad. Love you".

"I love you too, sweetheart".

I closed the window and shut off the computer. After changing to my extremely comfortable pyjamas, I got into bed.

Soon enough, my mom poked her head around my door.

"I'm guessing you're not hungry, then?" she asked, although it sounded more like a statement.

"You know me so well", I said, yawning.

"Alright. Goodnight love". She closed the door to my bedroom softly, as I slipped off into dreamland.

•••

A/N: Hey, it's me again.

Multiple updates, like what even! Lol

I'm in a pretty good mood, to say the least. Anywho.

I need you guys to help me out with something: I really have no idea what tags to put on this story. I've put some, but I think I need more.  So if you guys have any suggestions for tags for the story so far, please comment some. Thank you very much.

More (possibly multiple) updates coming soon, so stay posted :D