Why, Y/N? Why?

My POV
George helped me pull myself together, walking out the door with me to John's house just so mother wouldn't get suspicious.

To my surprise, I was stopped by a completely flabbergasted Paul McCartney.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" He questioned, still a bit upset.

"I need to work things out with John."

"Now is not a good time for that..."

"Why?"

"His mother was killed by an off duty police officer...he's a bit of a wreck. I don't think you would help the situation after your break up, no offense."

"Oh dear... that's horrible. I just came to apologize, maybe I can help...is that why you're so mad?"

"Yes... but I highly doubt that. He won't talk to anyone. He'll hardly talk to me when I went to find him for practice after George left. Good luck then, I guess..."

That boy is still a walking seducer.

And I'm sorry John, but he'll always be cuter than you.

I inhaled deeply. Opening the door just a crack, I see John sobbing into his pillow. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me, but I'm willing to take that chance.

John Winston Lennon crying. I never thought I'd see the day. But I've never been the one whose mother was killed, so I have no room to speak.

"Um, hey..." all he wanted to do was push me away, no matter what I did.

"What do you want? I thought you hated me anyway. As you can see, I'm not in the best state and your presence is just making it worse."

I should have known. "Paul was right," I mumbled.

"What do you mean? What did he tell you?"

"He told me what happened and that you would barely speak to him when he tried to help. I knew you would do the same to me when all I wanted to do was just apologize for when happened and make up for my mistakes, because there was a reason why I did it. I never wanted to. It's not my fault. But you don't have to listen to me, so I'll be on my way..."

I felt tears form in my eyes. I tried to hold them back and save them, if any, for when I got home.

"Wait...Y/N...please don't go..."

Our eyes locked for the first time we started talking, and I couldn't take it anymore. I began to cry.

He took me back in his arms, a feeling I had truly missed, and sobbed with me.

"I'm sorry for shunning you. I just want to be alone when I'm vulnerable like this. I don't want to be seen. Just look at me, Y/N, I'm a wreck. Why, Y/N? Why? I hate this..."

"It's ok, John. I understand. I promise you, I will help you through this. I don't care what my mom says anymore. I want you back."

"I want you back too. It's all I've wanted.

"Hey, Paul and George are probably waiting for you for a show you've got tonight. We should probably go meet them."

"Yeah, good idea. But can we catch up a little along the way?"

"That would be great."