dErEk: "5th Period?"

Well, that was shocking.

Ok, so to continue. For a nurse, Nurse Palms is cool. She has everything: humor, intelligence, the perfect voice, good brown skin, and many more.

Not like many nurses I've seen, she wasn't fat but fit. She wore a white, long, apron, and in the middle of it was the school logo. She wore white shoes and white trousers. Quite absurd that in a clinic, where people come with splinters, and blood and all, you wear white but who am I do judge?

But enough with her. Backto the main characters.

Without Fiona at my side, it was difficult to find my class. After going class to class and opening the girl's toilet, I finally found class. We were having Maths, as I saw on the door, and now looking at it, I could've delayed more than 10 minutes.

I opened the door, looking left, to see everyone signalling me to leave class. Everybody, except Fiona. To my right I see a man holding a stick, with his eyes on me.

Was he going to whoop me? They don't do that here, do they?

"New, injured, boy?" the man shouted. Didn't like people calling me 'new boy' but 'new, injured, boy' is an improvement. Maybe.

And why's he angry? Can't he see I am with a cast? What does it tell him? Why are these teachers like these?

"What period is this, young man?" the teacher, with his eyes still on me, asked.

I looked back to the class on my left side and now they were signalling me 5 or were they giving me a 'waka '?

"5th period?" I shockingly said.

"Are you asking me or telling me?"

"Telling you."

"Take a seat, boy. We will start class now."

Start class? So what were they doing all this time?

"Why? You shouldn't have come. This is last class." Toby murmured to me.

"If you're looking for a seat, here, we saved in for you," insisted Samir.

I couldn't decline the offer to the people that just helped me so I accepted it.

"What's going on in class?" I inquired.

"We weren't having class. He never starts class until everyone is in. If you don't come early, he reports you. But because you're new I don't think he will do anything. Just don't come late again. He's a butthead. Mr. Nichols." Alexa spoke up. Yup, it's a girl.

"Thanks. But where's Paul?"

As I was searching for him and before he could say, "Here, I am," Mr. Nichols yelled, "Paul, if I tell you to put your phone away one more time I'll whoop you with this." He held up the stick, which was actually a metre stick.

Did he mean he will whoop Paul with Maths? Because that has to hurt. Extremely.

I then took a time to look at where I was seating. It turned out that I was in the middle of Samir, Paul, Toby and Alexa.

Then class started.