Chapter Two

We arrived at the hospital after about seven minutes. The paramedics helped Cody out of the stretcher into the hospital. The rushed him to the ER as soon as they got inside. I found myself sitting in the same chair I had been sitting in about twenty minutes ago in the waiting room. I sat there and waited for about thirty minutes and then found Cody coming out of the ER. He was walking but he didn't look good at all. He walked over to me with one of the doctors. I figured the doctor was coming to tell me what was wrong again this time. When they reached me I stood up, hugged Cody and then faced the doctor.

"Cody has been severely injured. He has a sprained wrist, and a little bit of brain damage which means he lost some of his memory. But, he should gain it back soon enough."

"Oh... How long?." I questioned.

"Within a month he should be better and he sprained wrist should be healed, he has to come back in one month and then we'll check how everything's going."

"Okay thank you..."

"No problem, go home now and drive safely this time please. Take care of him and yourself." The doctor replied.

"Okay I will."

I held Cody's hand that wasn't sprained and walked to the car. I got in with Cody in the passengers seat again.

"This time everything's going to be okay."

I started the car and drove off home. Everything was fine, we arrived home safely this time. I helped Cody into the house and sat him on the couch and I sat beside him. I leaned me head on his chest.

I looked up at him. "You'll get better soon love."

He finally had words and could speak. "I know."

His words were quiet. He had gained the power to speak again but he barely talked and it was really low.

I hugged him gently and took good care of him for the rest of the night.