Chapter Six

On our way home from the doctors me and Cody sat silently in the car. I was worried and I was just praying Cody's memory loss would go away and get better before I had the baby. I just wanted everything to get better. I was already in so much pain from the baby that I just wanted everything to move faster, so I could be done and over with the crying, and painful moments. I just wanted to be happy again. I wanted Cody's memory loss to go away so I could have my baby and then everything would be back to normal and our family would be happy again.

The next month went by slowly but everything seemed to be getting better. Cody took his pills everyday and I continued to ask him a few questions each week about our childhood to see if he would remember. He started to remember more than he did before which means things were getting better for him and not worse. I was due in a week. My due date was March, 30th. Today was March 26th, I was five days away from my due date. I didn't know if the baby is as going to come before, after or on the actual date planned.

The doctor called the next day, asking a few brief questions about how Cody was doing. I told him he was doing well and he was way better than he had been before. The doctor said good and he said to continue taking the pills until the rest of the month and everything would be back to normal. I hang up the phone and took a seat on the couch beside Cody.

"Cody the baby's due in five days.." I said.

"I know" he replied.

"I'm excited" I answered.

"Me too" he spoke.