Chapter 17

AN: idk why it came to me but draco x dominic? Maybe? Idk lemme know

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico woke up with a pounding headache and the haze of sleep still heavy on his mind. He was in bed, he could feel the thin sheets beneath his bare skin, felt the comforter laying over his strewn out body. But his heater known as Will was nowhere in sight.

Once he realized he was alone in bed, Nico opened his eyes and took in the room.

They were on the Argo II, in the room Will had claimed for the quest, or visit, or whatever you wanted to call it. Will was sitting in a chair by the wall, leaned back, his gaze settled on the ceiling.

Sad. Nico could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Will?" he croaked. "What's wrong?"

The hangover was splitting apart his immature skull. He only then realized he was naked under the covers.

"Did our date night end how I think it did?" Nico asked.

Will nodded.

"I thought you got used to me being...in the wrong body," Nico said. "Why are you upset?"

"Your age has nothing to do with why I'm upset," Will snapped.

Nico blinked. "Was I bad-?"

"No, Nico!" Will stood up. "Think for a second! Why the Hades do you have that mark?"

Nico froze. There was something about your heart dropping into your stomach that you could never forget.

Will stared at him in the silence. Maybe that sadness was actually hurt.

"Are you going to explain?" he asked.

Nico looked away. "It's complicated."

"Uncomplicate it."

"I…" Nico sat up. "I've always been the traitor."

"Nico-"

"No, listen to me," Nico snapped. "I am always the traitor. That's who I am. That's the kind of hero I am." He remembered Persephone's pieces of advice and Hecate's. "That's what some people have to be. I'm on the side of the living. I just have to get my hands dirty so no one else has to."

Will sighed. "There's always a right way to do things...but okay, okay, I'll entertain what you're saying. Why do you have the mark?"

"To take Voldemort down from the inside out."

Will blinked. "How?"

"I'm still working on that part."

"Nico!" Will hissed. "Do you know how dangerous that is?!"

"Not anymore dangerous than anything we've done in the past," Nico argued. "Gaea. Tartarus. I've been through worse, Will, and I don't want my family to have to go through that."

Will walked to the bed and sat beside him. "Neeks… I'm sick of you being in life-threatening danger all the time."

"Me too."