Chapter 3 - "Declaration of the Rival"

"Watch out!" He tugged the other side of the rope when he saw a ball incoming my way. I was pulled to his chest or that's what I thought. He side stepped as I face the ground with my knees and face. 'Kami-sama is this the reason you made me grow up in the hospital? I understand now. Please give me patience.' I ranted as I stood up breathing in and breathing out heavily.

"Why didn't you catch me?" I turned to him pointing the bruises on my knees.

"Why would I catch a germ? Duh. That's very disgusting." He said. I was on the verge of snapping when I remembered I'm indebted with this person. 'Calm down (y/n) remember that you're indebted with this jerk. You want to pay him back. Yes. That's it.' I took a deep breath when I felt that he's pulling the other side of the cloth already.

"Come with me" He said. He dragged me to a area where it's less crowded.

"Why did you take me here? I thought you're gonna show me the Hatchiko Statue." I asked.

"Sit" He pointed to the bench behind me. I followed his instruction. He brought out something from his bag, an alcohol and a band aid.

"What's in your bag anyway? Every time I see you bring out something it's either a disinfectant or a cleaning supply." He just raised a brow like he didn't hear what I said.He bended on one knee as he opened the bottle of alcohol and sprayed it to my wound. He looked at me and I just smiled.

"Does it hurt?" He asked.

I shook my head and said. "No, I'm used to this. I grew up the hospital more like prison. They do far more worse than what you're doing right now."I laughed. His eyes showed a bit of concerned which made me uncomfortable. I don't like being pitied. I hate those kinds of eyes.

He gave me the band aid that he's holding between his thumb and forefinger while raising the other fingers looking like a number 3 sign.

"Here, put it on yourself. I don't want to touch germs" I giggled at his expression. 'He hates germs that much?' I thought. 'That's cute.' I added. I took the band aid and applied it to my bruise.

I stood up and said. "So, what now? We can't see the Hatchiko statue anymore. There's a lot of people there you'll feel uncomfortable." He just looked at me.

"I can take you there. It's my job anyway." He suggested.

"No, don't. Don't force yourself to do something you're uncomfortable with." I placed my hand on my chin trying to think of something. "Ah!" I raised my forefinger. "I have an idea. Why not tell me the Hatchiko story although I've read it already. It'll be a whole new different story if I heard it from you." I smiled. I patted the seat right beside me while I looked at him asking him to seat. He crossed his brow and brought out Lysol out of his bag. He sprayed it on the bench before sitting. We're one human apart like when we first met in the hospital. I smiled as I remembered.

"Hachiko was a Japanese Akita dog remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner, Hidesaburo Ueno, for whom he continued to wait for over nine years following Ueno's death." He narrated.

"He's one loyal dog isn't he??" I smiled as I looked up at the clear sky. He did the same.

"No, he's one stupid dog. He waited for a germ." He brought his face mask down letting the sun ray kiss his skin as he closed his eyes. I was looking at him with awe. 'He's one pretty boy.' I thought.

"Why do you hate germs anyway?" I asked. His eyes opened and I saw pain.

Sakusa's P.O.V.