Chapter 8 - "I'm not your friend."

Komori P.O.V.

I'm walking towards Omi's house. (Y/N) asked me a favor yesterday to help Omi prepare for school. I came at the perfect timing Liliana just arrived and was knocking at the door. The door opened and Omi just gave a cold shoulder to Liliana.

"What are you doing here?" Omi asked, annoyed.

"(y/n) called me here to take her place. She said she caught cold so I should cook you breakfast." She answered. 'What's with this cold atmosphere?' I thought.

"Forget it! I can cook my own food." Omi answered back. I hid myself behind the wall near the gate. I heard everything. It was a painful scene.

After a few seconds of silence. I heard footsteps coming from Liliana. Tears were streaming down her face. She saw me and her eyes grew. She wiped her tears and ran to the other direction.

"Liliana wait!" I shouted. I ran after her until she stopped by the park.

"Why are you following me?! Are you having fun seeing me being pitiful. Well, guess what? I don't need your pity." She shouted as she was trying so hard to hold back the tears.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Did what?" She asked back.

"What you did there, it's not a confession. You're making him realize his feelings. Your giving him a push." I shouted. The wind blew her hair. I saw her eyes grew as I saw the tears streamed down her face. 'She's pretty even though she's crying' I thought.

"I-I can't win a match when there's already a winner." She said as she wiped her tears. "I'm the concrete to his plant. It will never grow because the plant longs for the soil and the concrete is not what he needs."

I walked towards her. She took a step back. "Don't move." I commanded. I pulled her close to me. I held her in my arms. "Cry your heart out. I'll be here. I'll protect you." I said. She cried her heart out.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked hugging me tight. I looked up the sky. 'Because I like you but, I can't tell you that now. I'll wait till your heart heals.' I thought.

"It's because I hate to see girls crying" I replied.

After she calmed down, we parted ways and walked on our own to school. I still need to pick up Omi so I walked towards his house.

'Right on time.' I thought as I saw him walking outside his house. "Omi!" I shouted and waved. He waited for me in front of his gate.

"Did that germ also asked you to walk me to school?" He asked raising me a brow.

"Yeah, she cares about you a lot. I saw Liliana a while ago." I turned to look at his expression. There's nothing. "You didn't have to be so harsh on her."

"What's the point on keeping other people's hopes up? It'll end up hurting them more if you don't cut it on the first try." He said. Well, I can't blame him. He, himself experienced it and he has a point.

While walking I asked him about his feelings for (y/n). "Hey, you like her don't you?"

"Well, she's annoying, clumsy and stupid but, something about her makes me feel comfortable." He answered.

"Like back then when you used to like Liliana?" I asked.

"No, it's much greater. I liked Liliana before for being so graceful and clean. I thought that's the only kind of girl that I can bare to be with." He said.