Chapter 9 - "Someone's Jelly"

"No. I don't make friends with a stupid, clumsy and annoying germ like you." He said as his face turned to a sincere smile. A smile I never knew I'll be able to see. " I date them." He said.

My face turned red as I heard those words coming from his mouth. 'Am I dreaming?' I thought. I pinched myself. I heard him laugh. 'I really am dreaming! He's laughing the great germophobe is laughing!! Kami-sama wake me up now before I get attached to this dream' I begged the gods.

"Idiot. You think this is a dream?" He gave a soft laugh. "Either way, dream or not you only have one option. Yes or yes?" He proposed.

My eyes began to water. 'Am I really allowed to do this? Kami-sama just this once, let me be selfish. Let me be happy just this once.' I begged in my thoughts. I nodded as a response.

"I said is it a yes or yes? I'm not asking for a nod." He  teased. "Let me hear you say it." He added.

"Yes! Let's date." I said as tears came streaming down my face. I don't know what to feel. I feel happy and sad at the same time.

"Why are you crying? Are you that happy?" He teased as he handed me a tissue. I wiped my tears.

"No! I just caught some dirt on my eyes! " I laughed. We walked home right after because he felt uncomfortable in crowdy places. We reached his house after a few minutes.

"I'll walk you home." He suggested.

"No, you're tired. Just take a rest." I smiled "You've been trying to avoid bumping into people all this time. You looked like a baby." I teased.

"No. I'm not a baby, you are. You're my baby." He said trying to hide his embarrassed face. I was shocked. I didn't know what to feel.

"Are you trying to flirt with me right now?" I teased as I tried to contain my laughter.

"Shut up, germ! I take it back!" He said as his brows meet. 'That was cringe yet it makes my heart flutter. I like it.' I thought

"Are you calling me germ now? I thought I'm your baby?" I teased as I pouted.

"Shut up! I ain't calling you that again." He said.

"But, you call everyone a germ? How am I supposed to know you really see me different compared to them." I pouted. 'Oh! I caught you in my trap Saku-chan' I thought. 'You'll eventually call me baby!' I smirked as my thoughts calls for victory.

"No. You're different." He gave out a sigh and looked up the sky. "You're that 0.1% germ that no one can exterminate. You're that germ." He added.

"Saku-chan you're talking disinfectant again?" I teased.

"Idiot. What I'm trying to say is you're the only germ for me. You're my favorite germ so don't you dare feel that you're on par with the others." He blurted.

'Ah, he's doing it again. Butterflies on my stomach and my fluttering heart. You're really are cruel Saku-chan' I thought.  "Okay fine. You win Saku-chan." I surrendered.

"Why do you keep calling me 'Saku-chan'?" He asked.

"Well, people around you keep calling you 'Omi'. I don't want to call you the same as them. I want mine to be unique so you'll remember me more!" I smiled at him. His face turned red. "Oh did I make your heart flutter?" I tilt my head as I teased him. "It's a payback for making my heart flutter all this time." I added.