Thirty-three. One day in May

Song ten: Hana ni nare. Sashida Fumiya.

Falling, she kept falling. Over and over. She jumped and jumped, but her legs gave up every single time.

"Will you keep wasting time?"

Such stern tone of voice could only belong to her mother. Only her voice held enough power to open old wounds and break her heart so easily.

Although struggling to get oxygen to her lungs, she pushed her body up into the air one more time... only to meet the ice painfully on her elbows.

"Again!" Enraged, Irene scolded her student to no avail. She could not land one jump.

Frenetic, she blinked at her feet and the world blurred.

"Will you keep living a fantasy? Wake up, Dalen'ka!"

Wake up.

"This is the harsh and cold real world, when will you grow up?"

Wake up.

Dalia woke up in a dark hotel room, breathing irregularly. A few seconds went by before she realized where she was. On the night stand, her phone announced she'd roughly been asleep two hours. She wanted to skate so badly, yet she was not in Spain where she could just bribe the entrance security with food and coffee.

New messages from: Yuzu

Last seen 12:10a.m.

11:45p.m. Kobe show is next week

11:45p.m. I'm going home

11:45p.m. want to go?

She sat up abruptly. The room was a mess and after THAT offer, tidying up seemed like and splendid idea.

Sendai was Yuzuru Hanyu's childhood city - his home, full of memories and familiar places. On cloud nine, she pondered the idea of calling him. After some thought she dialed someone else's phone – Yuzuru was most definitely sleeping like a regular person should at two in the morning.    

"What now?"

Regardless of any time zone or country, Gilian for sure would not be sleeping at normal hours. 

"Yuzuru asked me if I want to go to Sendai with him"

Gilian hummed.

"Dal, why aren't you sleeping?"

"I've been talking a lot with Yuzu these days" She gave no further explanation on what, Gil probably knew. "It triggered some old emotions so I've been dreaming..."

"Dalia"

"I'm used to this, Gil. My brain's probably running out of ideas, these dreams are all the same. It's fine."

Gilian huffed.

"You sure?"

She wasn't sure, but she needed (truly wanted) to tell Yuzuru about the haunting shadows of her past. It had to be fine, at least eventually.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Now I know why you asked me to bring my skates"

A bundle of happiness, Yuzuru led the way to a private ice rink somewhere in Sendai. "I'm a little famous here, so they let me come here."