Thirty-four. The fairy and the swan

Every night, their shows lights turned late at night, sometime after midnight, and came back to life at ungodly hours in the morning. The cast, however, slowly appeared during the day.

"Who am I? Who am I?" Eyebrows drawn together, Dalia glided away and suddenly crouched down into a Shotgun pose. Everyone but the one she was teasing burst into laughter. Said man had been cheating his way into victory in their non-agreed competition to drive the audience wild. He did not need to go as far, but the brat liked to win regardless - hence, the oh-so-famous Parisienne Walkways pose made a comeback.

"Ah!" Shoma beamed, giggling as he joined in to show his version of the crowd-winning move.

Yuzuru tilted his head, face expressionless. Marin Honda turned to them holding a camera, so he casually rested his arm in her shoulder and whispered his revenge:

"You look beautiful today, Dal -chan"

The camera flashed exactly as Dalia stared speechless at the man now softly smiling for the photo.

"Yuzuru!"

By then, everyone was used to constantly posing for a thousand cameras, since lots of skaters wanted to immortalize their memories. Some, like Marin, had some shots where it was obvious the lovebirds lived in their own world.

"Oh, young love~" Nobunari Oda dramatically sighed, teasing his friend. "Please take care of this kid. He needs it, and we're all sick of him – it was about time someone saved us!"

Yuzuru punched Nobunari's arm, growling at the joke.

Somehow, as everyone collected little bits of their interactions, she went far and beyond to gather each piece of evidence of their evident chemistry for herself. Behind Yuzuru's back, she fangirled alone in her hotel room, replaying each video in disbelief yet completely smitten. Dalia could not fathom that girl in the video, a girl Yuzuru was comfortable enough to let her ruffle his hair or make him laugh.... was her.

That night, the audience held their breaths when the lights went off and a blond man warmly grazed the grand piano keys before filling the air with the magic of the Phantom of the Opera. As if casting a spell, a single light revealed a lady dressed in white standing alone in the ice, and then Dalia softly moved to the first familiar notes of All I Ask of You.

 As if casting a spell, a single light revealed a lady dressed in white standing alone in the ice, and then Dalia softly moved to the first familiar notes of All I Ask of You