New Year, new us?

I try to get out of bed but feel August's arm tighten around me. I smile. Even in sleep, he's holding onto me.

I eventually get out and take a quick shower. I through on some joggers and a tank top when I'm done. I look over at him and see he's still sleep. He looks so good when he's sleep.

I walk into the kitchen and decide to make him breakfast in bed. I whip up some pancakes, egg, sausage, grits, and put some orange juice on the side. I take the tray with food in the bedroom after eating mine. I walk in and he's still sleep. I jump on the bed, waking him up.

"Good morning," he says with that husky morning voice that I love. He stretches and yawns.

"I made you breakfast in bed," I said, looking at the food on the night stand.

"You did. Thanks bae. I sure am hungry," he says and he was hungry for more than food but I don't need to elabrate on the morning sex that went down then. 

As August got in the shower, I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. 

        "Hello?"

        "Is this Aaliyah?" a woman says.

        "Yeah, who wants to know?"

        "This is Heather," she says. I shake my head, having forgot I had to meet her the other day before August dropped by, "you never showed up yesterday. Have you changed your mind about the interview?"

        I look down and respond, "yeah, I'm not doing it. Don't call me again," I say about to hang up.

        "Wait, this interview can put you out there. You will have fame; people will be interested in you. So you help me, I help you," she says.

        "Heather, I said I don't want to do the interview, bye and don't call this number no more," I say and hang up.

Damn reporters just don't mind they business.

        "Who was that on the phone?" August asks.

        "Nobody important," I say, wrapping my arms around August's waist as the water on his body dampens my shirt.

        "Let me know, cause that how we got in that shit before," he says.

He right.

        "It was a reporter I was gone talk to about Trey," I say, looking every where but at August.

        "You not no more, is you?" he asks, making me look at him now fully dressed.

        "No, " looking at him waiting for some angry reaction.

        "Good, get dressed. Diamond's having a coming home slash New Year's party today," he says.

{Skip- at Diamond's place}

I walk in and it looks just like any old party, not like a girl who just got shot is just coming home.

I look around and see her talking to that same black haired guy who was at the hospital. Drake's no where in sight. I got to ask her about him.

        "Bae, come here. This Marquan, he used to have my back back in the day," August says introducing me to some guy who looks just like Bobby Valentino.

             "Used to? Man, I still got your back. Even if you gave the hustling game up," Bobby- I mean Marquan says.

             "Hey Aaliyah, meet Luke. Tell him he looks like Matt Bomer," Diamond says, holding the dudes arm.

        "I have no idea who that is," I say.

        "Well then, okay," she says and they walk away. 

I look around and spot Tea with her full belly. Who invited her? What is she going to do at a New Year's party with drinks.

August notices her too and frowns.

        "Come on, don't pay her no attention," and we go get drinks but Tea must have spotted us and comes rushing our way.

        "August, now that Diamond out of the hospital, is you gone come home?" she asks.

        "I'm going to my home. You can't get your stuff and move out. How you gone lie about that baby being mine?" he asks and Tea looks like she's seen a ghost, literally scared shitless.

I thought August might have been overreacting, but she looks too scared for that.

        "This is your baby. You remember that night we had sex in your limo," Tea says.

I ball my fists up a few times. I still can't believe he f*cked her. 

        "Get your lying ass out of my face and find that baby real daddy," he says. 

We leave her standing there and go out back. It's cold, but I'm heated enough to barely feel it. August scoops me up and kisses me hard and passionately on the mouth. I'm shocked look at him.

        "This year it's us, no more bull shit," he says looking me in my eyes.

I nod and kiss him again before Diamond breaks it by sticking her head out of the door and saying the last words I wanted to hear right now, "Tea's having her baby".

Just the start to the New Year that I needed.