Epilogue

Wind blew over the silent meadow. Burningstar faced her son, Palestar and her ex-mate, Nightstar. Beside her stood Deathclan and Dawnclan.

"Palestar. Why did you kill Daggerstar? Why? He was your father!" Burningstar yowled, pain in her voice.

"You lied to me! My father is Nightstar! He always has been!" seethed Palestar. Burningstar's eyes were wet with tears.

"Please... Stop... I don't want to fight you or Nightstar!"

"Nightstar promised me power! Lots of power..."

"I have no choice... Decisions have to be made... No matter how painful..." Burningstar whispered. She looked up and pelted forwards, the other clans on her heels. SHe crashed into Palestar.

"My son, I'm sorry." She whimpered as she unsheathed her claws and raked his belly. Palestar screamed silently, jerking and twisting, before he lay still. His body was sucked into the ground and was gone. Something knocked into Burningstar, driving the breath out of her. She stood up, struggling to breathe.

"I know you are on your last life. I know I can kill you. But I need you. So come and join me." Nightstar meowed.

"No. I will never join you. Not after what you did."

"Still scared? What a Kittypet." he sneered. Unexpectedly, he leapt straight into Burningstar and bit her neck hard.

"I never needed you and-" he was cut off by Woodpath, who rammed into his side.

"No, no, no, no, no... Just hold on Burningstar! I'll get a medicine cat..." his eyes filled with sorrow as he watched his mother's eyes close. The battle stopped around them and the cats gathered around her body, dipping their heads. 

"She was a noble leader and always will be..."

THE END