Chapter 4 - Staying Over

Emelia Tharts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I see is darkness, for miles around. Nothing, but the pitch black emptiness surrouning me.

‘What is this place?’ I ask, but it just echoes slowly. Repeating every single word, as if to taunt me. Even though I didn’t say it out loud. Then I start to choke. I go onto my knees and hold my throat. Something is happening to me, not this me, but my real body.

Then my eyes open and I choke up more water. In front of me is Tintin looking at my face and next to him is the captain. Tintin helps me sit up while I have small coughing fits. My hair is down due to it falling out in the water, clothes are torn, wet and dirty. I look around us, we were on the dock, all wet, and the sun was probably down by now.

“What happened?” I ask Tintin. He looks at me.

“We lost the car chasers, but we sort-of drove into the ocean. The Captain and I got out, but you were down there for quite some time,” He paused. 
“Right before we thought you had drowned I saw your body sinking, so I saved you and you just woke up,”

“So what are we going to do now?” I question him.

“We could go to my apartment, but some people hunting me, so that’s a no,” He ponders some more. All the while I think of some things, until it leads to Conner all ALONE at the house with no parental supervision.

‘OH MY LORD!!! Conner! I hope he’s alright,’

“OH MY GOSH! I’m so sorry, but I have to go,” I get up and rush to my house, but fall when pain goes through my left leg. I close my eyes waiting for the impact to hit, but it never comes. My eyes open and I see that Tintin is holding my weight.

“T-thanks,” I manage to say. “But I can go home myself,” I start to limp my way home.

“What are you paranoid about; you have other things to be worrying about, like you bleeding leg,” He says then helps me. I just notice that my leg is bleeding, a very large gash running along my lower part, probably cause by the glass when my dress had gotten caught.

“Captain could you help me over here?” He asks the Captain. He gets walks over to us and grabs my other arm and slings it over his shoulder. The captain is on the other side of me holding my left arm and Tintin is holding right.

“Where to Miss…?” Captain asks.

“No need to call me Miss. Captain…” I start.

“Captain Haddock,” He laughs. I only smile just a bit.

“Yes, Captain Haddock.  My name’s Emelia. Just a few streets down and to the right,” I say and we hobble our way to my house.

When we get there I look in my water logged satchel bag. This is surprisingly still with me after the whole under-water-car-drowning incident. I move stuff around in it and find my keys. Taking them out I unlock the door and they help me in. 
Right when I get through the door I’m suddenly tackled by a flash of brown hair. Since my leg is bleeding we both fall to the ground. I look up to see little Conner attacking me in a hug. I sit up and hold him close to me.

 “I-I thought something h-happened to you E-Emie,” He cries into my shirt. I see that Tintin and Captain are just staring at me in understanding at why I needed to be home in such a rush.

“Shhhh, I promised I wouldn’t leave you right? And I won’t,” I whisper to him and hug him lovingly.

“Now come I have to get my leg fixed up,” I say and he helps me up. Then he notices Tintin and Captain.