Hey! :D

Today, if I have the balls to write my second fanfiction on Haikyuu, it's only been because of the support so far on Wattpad! I'm so so so happy for all the love you have given to 'Stay Clever, Little Fox,' which was my first baby here and was a Miya Atsumu x Shimizu Ren (OC) story.

'Syndicating Us' isn't exactly a sequence, but it's part of the same fan-verse I created within the big umbrella of Haikyuu fanfiction. The universe started with Miya Atsumu x Shimizu Ren (OC)'s 'Stay Clever, Little Fox,' and that makes 'Syndicating Us' the second instalment in the 'The Clever Series' fan-verse that I created.

Previously, before I began writing 'Stay Clever, Little Fox,' I objectified what drives me to write fanfictions. And because I'm so in love with Haikyuu, I'll say it again:  I'm head over heels in love with some of the most cerebral and/or complex characters that Haikyuu introduces. Through my fanfictions, I'd like to explore each and every one of them.

And now it's time for my highly emotional, and exceptionally sensitive / perceptive baby to make an appearance in this second fanfiction in the series, because his story is perhaps the most relatable to me:

Tendou Satori  *

It's a sad fact that many of us have experienced bullying at least once in our lifetimes, and in my case, I faced it in elementary school too (just like Tendou). It was, in fact, in High School where I started to "rise up," so I'm glad that I had a school (and universities) like the fictional Shiratorizawa that helped me to stand strong and embrace my strengths.

Timeline-wise, the plot of 'Syndicating Us' starts two years before the beginning of the 'Stay Clever, Little Fox' story, and ends only a few moments (barely a minute, really!) before the epilogue of 'Stay Clever, Little Fox.'

To give you a little brief about the characters, Tendou Satori and his partner protagonist in this story (revealed later in Chapter 5 and 6, as well as earlier on, in the Epilogue of 'Stay Clever, Little Fox', which is the first part of the 'The Clever Series'), come from backgrounds and life experiences that are polar opposite to each other. But their need to be accepted by certain group(s) of people is what brings them together. I'll be taking a few liberties with Tendou's actual storyline in the manga (and later in the future episodes of Haikyuu), where Tendou's hair grows out, and his profession branches out to match his partner's requirement. Otherwise, the rest shall remain the same. :P

To shed some light on the driving genre of this fanfiction, it will be Psychological Realism, among others like Realistic Fiction, Coming-of-age and Romance. I've attempted to weave this genre in the 'Stay Clever, Little Fox' story too, but Slice of Life and the third person point of view narration overshadowed it by a large margin, only because I wanted to keep the overall vibe of the story light and grounded towards "normal," and not delve too much into the characters' psyches.

(But er mah gad, I miss Atsumu already though T__T.
He was such a fun character to write ughhhhhhh!)

There is also one song dedicated to every chapter in this fanfiction. Most of them are from the Haikyuu!! Season 3 OST collection, because I genuinely thought, it was one of the best OST albums that Haikyuu!! has ever published. Enjoy them while reading! It definitely adds to the mood. :D

So for this story, the development is going to be a bit more emotional, mentally taxing, and overall draining because the main plot and sub plots that revolve around complex inter- and intra- social issues. It will also be in 1st person point of view so you get an unfiltered access to the protagonists' minds. But don't worry, I promise to add (relatively) light-hearted content to give you (and myself!) a break from everything that happens in this fanfiction. I still dread writing lime because... I'm genuinely not used to it.  It feels like I'm intruding into someone's private space

D:

But I promise to try my best and weave instances as they seem appropriate!

So, read on and find out how Tendou and his partner conquer their inner demons, because, sometimes, some of us, could use that help in our own lives, no? We can be our biggest obstacles at times, without fully intending to! :)

Disclaimer: A very sensitive Japanese social topic is mentioned in this story, which has a lot to do with the way the Japanese society has evolved. I love the overall idea of it, but my only personal objection against it, is the gender bias that comes with it. I do not claim to know everything about this cultural aspect, but I'm hoping that whatever I mention about it, will act as a strong backbone for the main plot development. If I do write about anything that is incorrect, please let me know via DMs, and I'll see to it that I add a disclaimer in those chapters.

KTHXBYE. <3

- Love,

Chrysalis_Girl