Chapter 10

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Five spat, throwing his arms up in frustration.

Klaus stood up from his bed and looked over at Five.

"What do you care?" he asked.

Five paced the room.

"What do I care? I needed it, you moron, so we could get back," he snapped.

Klaus got up from the bed and walked out the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Interrogation's over, just... leave!" Klaus yelled.

Five grabbed a notepad off of Klaus's nightstand and began writing something. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat down beside him.

"What is it?" I asked.

Five glanced over at me but didn't answer. He only continued to write.

"Fine," I said, getting up and walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Five asked, lifting his head up from the notepad.

"I'm getting something to drink," I said over my shoulder.

I walked down the stairs and noticed Pogo sitting on a stool working on- mom?

"Pogo? What happened?" I asked in concern.

"Miss Keely... The intruders from the other night shut down Grace," Pogo said slowly.

My brows furrowed but I shook my head slightly.

"Is she going to be alright?" I asked.

"I'll try my best," Pogo answered.

I smiled and nodded at Pogo and headed downstairs.

"You look like shit," I heard Diego say.

I turned my head to look in his direction and realized he was talking to Klaus.

"Speak for yourself," I retorted as I walked past.

"Watch your mouth, asshole," Diego spat.

I filled a glass with water from the sink and headed back upstairs where I found Five writing on his bedroom walls that doubled as chalk boards.

"What the hell..?" I muttered.

"I think I've got something, Keely," Five said quietly.

"Something? What do you mean?" I asked walking towards him.

I looked around at the walls. In the time I had been downstairs, he had filled almost every space on his walls with writing and equations.

"It's tenuous, but promising," Five told me.

"What is all this?" I spun around and saw Luther walking through the doorway.

I continued looking at the equations before recognizing them. They were the same as the ones Five had shown me in the apocalypse. When we were staying in that library.

"It's a probability map," I said in realization.

"Probability of what?" Luther asked.

"Of whose death could save the world," Five explained. "I've narrowed it down to four,"

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther asked, looking at Five.

"No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it," Five answered.

"Oh... I'm not following," Luther muttered.

"Time is fickle, Luther. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum," Five ranted.

"The butterfly effect," I mumbled looking at Luther. He nodded.

"So all we have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the time line, wherever they may be, and kill them," Five said simply.

"Oh, yeah... Milton Green," Luther said reading the wall. "Is he like a terrorist or something?" Luther continued.

"I believe he is a gardener," Five said looking up at Luther.

"You can't be serious... This is madness, Five. You-,"

Five ignored the man and blinked to the other side of the bed where he held a large gun.

"Where'd you get that?" Luther asked.

"Dad's room," Five said simply. "Quite similar to the one I used at work,"

"This guy is an innocent man!" Luther cried.

"Luther his death could potentially save billions," I argued. "If we do nothing he'll be dead in four days anyway,"

"We don't do this kind of thing," Luther whispered.

"Well, good thing you're not coming," Five snapped.

"I can't let you go kill innocent people, no matter how many people you save!" Luther exclaimed.

"Well good luck stopping me," Five spat.

"Keely, we're leaving," Five said as he turned.

I started to follow Five out the door when Luther grabbed me by my blazer and stuck me out the window.

"Luther, what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled, thrashing around and clawing at his hand.

Five spun around and pointed the gun towards Luther with an angry look in his eyes.

"Put... her... down," he said slowly.

"Put the gun down. You're not killing anyone," Luther said calmly. "I know she's important to you,"

"You can't just throw me out the window! I'm a human being!" I spat, trying to lift up Luthers fingers with my mind.

"It's either her, or the gun," Luther said quietly.

"You're not throwing me out the window, asshat!" I cried.

Five stared at Luther like a lunatic, his eyes looking at the man through the barrel of his gun.

"You decide," Luther said to Five.

Five didn't move. Luther sighed before letting his grip loosen on me. He let go completely and I braced myself to hit the ground when I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and pull me back into Fives room.

"Are you okay?" Five asked, observing me with wide eyes.

"Yeah- yeah, I'm fine," I said, brushing myself off.

I turned to see Luther holding the gun with a grin on his face.

"I can do this all day," he smirked.

I looked at the man like he was crazy. My eyes had pure rage in them. Without even meaning too, I shoved Luther back into the wall.

"Why'd you have to bring me into this?!" I snapped.

Luther glanced at me.

"It was the only way to get him to stop. I know you're still a good person, Five," Luther told us. "Otherwise you wouldn't have risked everything to come back here to save us all,"

"There is one way," Five said while still looking at me. "But it's just about impossible,"

"More impossible than what brought you back here?" Luther asked.

Five just sighed and Luther left the room.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Five asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Five, nothing happened to me. I'm-,"

I was cut off by Five leaning down and pressing his lips against mine. One of his hands rested on my waist while the other held my face.

I pulled away slowly and looked at him with a smirk on my face.

"Only took you 50 years,"