Chapter 23

The audience started to scream in terror. They got up from their seats, desperate to escape from Vanya. The violinists were also attempting to leave the theater.

Vanya swung her rod again and the violinists that were trying to leave were forced back into their seats and started to play again.

I raced out from the aisle I was in and ushered the audience members out of the way of harm. I spotted Luther and Diego and found that they were doing the same.

"Move! Go, go, go!" Diego yelled.

Vanya swung her rod again and a blast of energy surged throughout the theater. I dove behind a row of seats and put my hands over my head.

Diego and Luther appeared in the row across from me and conversed quietly. Allison crouched down beside me and pinched me before throwing her notepad at Luther.

Luther looked over at Allison quickly and she threw up her arms, asking what the hell he was thinking.

"Yeah. We're fine, thanks for asking," he told her sarcastically. "Look, I almost lost you once, all right? I wasn't about to lose you again,"

"Well, so much for the element of surprise. What else you got?" Diego asked Luther.

Allison banged on the seat beside her, gaining Diego's attention. She imitated someone playing the violin and Diego rolled his eyes.

"No shit, Allison. Tell us something we don't already know," he replied loudly.

"She's talking about the violin," I informed, peeking above the seat I was hidden behind. "It's her lightning rod,"

"If we can take it from her and stop her from playing, we might have a shot," Luther added.

Before we could strategize anymore, gunshots were heard from the entrance of theater. They found us again.

"Shit!" I swore.

I pushed Allison down so that she was laying flat down. I did the same for myself and hoped for the best.

"What the hell happened to Klaus? He's supposed to be our lookout!" Diego exclaimed, laying down in the row across from us.

"Yeah, you surprised?" Luther yelled back.

"What's with all the lollygagging?"

I peeked above the seat and saw Five walking in the middle aisle.

"Five, get down!" I demanded as more bullets were fired.

Fives eyes widened and he covered his head. He dove into the row that I was in and landed straight on top of me. Our faces were less than an inch apart and he smirked slightly.

"Now is not the time," I scoffed.

"Five, what the-," Luther yelled from across the aisle. "I thought you bailed on us!"

"I had an errand to run," Five replied briefly. "This is not good,"

"You know these guys?" Diego asked.

"Yeah, I do," Five answered.

"And?" Diego asked in annoyance.

"Well, we're screwed," Five answered.

"Oh, fuck that," I scoffed.

I pushed Five off of me and stood up from the row I was in. At least 10 guys were rushing down the aisle, guns pointed straight at me.

I conjured up as much power as I could in my hands before pushing them away from me. A surge of blue collided with the men in the aisle and they were thrown into the walls of the auditorium.