5. Final Exams

It was time for final exams, every student was engaged in mugging up the entire course just before the night of exam. Though exams bring sleepless nights and tension, it is fun in its in own way.

Aarya and Yash were getting close to each other day by day. But like every other student, they also jumped into the ocean of endless reading and started preparing for the exam. They both decided to study together so that they don’t get bored and can complete the syllabus fast, they allotted time slabs for each module and they would solve each others queries after completion of each module.

When the exams started, they would study whole night and would occasionally call each other if they have any doubt on the day of exam. But the funny thing was, exam query was just an excuse for Yash to talk with her. He loves to hear her voice over phone. So just to talk to her, he would call her to discuss silliest problems. One day they were conversing over phone in middle of the night to understand the concept of a topic and they both ended up talking about their feelings instead. It was for the first time that they talked to each other for nearly more than an hour.

She cared too much about him. She would always call him to wake him up from a short nap that he took after getting exhausted from all the studying. He always woke up with a big fat smile on his face as hers was the first voice he would hear every morning. It kind of made his day a whole lot better.

Aarya had a habit of revising all the modules in the morning before exams, she and her friends would meet at the college few hours before exam and would go through every topic once, but that was like a roller coaster ride for Yash as he had never revised at such speed. And even though they both have gone through each and every chapter before the night of the exam, he would still panic on the day of the exam. So, just to calm him down, she would personally revise with him and remind him all the important points and leave her own revision.

Days soon passed by and it was the day of last exam. Everyone was happy as exams were finally over, except Yash and Aarya. College was the only thing which gave them chance to meet each other every day. Before the last day, he had planned to give a little gift to her. It was a small badge with “I’ll Be There for You” words printed on it. It was from her favourite tv show F.R.I.E.N.D.S. It was very small, so he was confused about how to hand her the badge. At last he decided to make a small paper bag to wrap it up. He worked for four hours continuously to make that paper bag. He didn’t even care about reading for last exam.

Next day after the completion of exams, Aarya, Yash and their friends went to take lunch to celebrate. He wanted to put that badge in Aarya’s bag secretly to surprise her, but he didn’t get any chance. So, he decided to give it personally to her and when she saw the gift, she was awestruck and screamed “Wow! It’s wonderful”. She loved the badge but she refused to accept it. She said that she can’t accept a gift without any reason. He tried to convince her but she wouldn’t budge. At last she agreed to take it only on one condition that he would have to accept the money for the badge. He didn’t want to take it but he had no choice but to take it and that’s how their last day of exam ended.

---------------

How was the chapter? How are you liking the story so far?

If you are enjoying it, put a VOTE and COMMENT your views.

Don't be a silent reader, I would love to hear what you think about this story.