11. Hard Truth

What is a hard truth? Hard truths are those which we know to be true but are afraid to accept it. We know that if we confront it, then the game will be over. We won’t be able to go back anymore. So, we stall it. We do everything within our control to change it, find out alternatives, hope for it to be not so harsh. But in the end, we all must face it.

Aarya and Yash’s love was growing day by day. They never seemed to get enough of each other. After their first kiss, they shared many kisses in that same elevator. Each day they would find something interesting about each other and it would make them love each other more. But there was a problem. Everything was not oh so nice in their life. Their love itself had become problem for each other. You must be thinking that how can such a pure thing like love can be someone’s problem? Well, it was a problem because of the society they lived in and the people around them.

They both belonged to a different caste and knew that if they want a future for them, it will take a lot of convincing on both of their side. None of their parents would agree for marriage without fighting for it. She knew it from the start that this was going to be problem for them, still she couldn’t control her feelings for him. She even told him that they should stop before its too late. She knew that the situation at her home is completely different than him. Her family already knew about her past relationship and the break up. And after her break up, her mother warned her about relationships. She had made it clear that they won’t allow a love marriage, she must marry the boy her mother chooses for her. She lost the chance of love marriage after her first break up.

On the other hand, Yash was keen on keeping both of them motivated. He was full of hope. He also tried to convince her that when the right time would come, he would personally come and talk to her parents and ask her hand for marriage. He didn’t want to give up without even trying once. He couldn’t even imagine a future without her. What if they can’t find someone else better? What if they marry different person but still can’t get each other out of their head? Their future was full of what ifs, but one thing was sure, they will have to confront the hard truth.

---------------

How was the chapter? How are you liking the story so far?

If you are enjoying it, put a VOTE and COMMENT your views.

Don't be a silent reader, I would love to hear what you think about this story.