9. 20 Questions

We all have played a game called '20 Questions' at some point in our life. It's just a simple game were two people ask each other 20 questions to get to know each other better. The questions can be related to anything and everything. Well, this game has made a significant impact on Aarya and Yash's life. But to find out exactly what impact it has made, we have to go back to that night. Yes, it's time for flashback!

Like any ordinary night, they were chatting back and forth on WhatsApp when one them got an idea of playing 20 questions. The other agreed instantly. The game started with simple questions, but it caught fire when she threw an unexpected question towards him.

"Do you like me?" Her thumb hovered over the send button before she actually sent it.

He was quite in shock when he read the question but the shock soon wearied off and a pleasant smile took over his face. So, without thinking too much about the question he replied with a "Yes!"

But if you think that this was it, then you are in store for something more, he didn't know as soon as he would reply with a yes, he would be hit with another bigger question.

"Do you love me?" She was not sure why she asked this question. She was even afraid to find out the answer but there was a little thought in back of her mind which encouraged her to go on. So, without giving too much of a thought she hit send.

As soon as the message flashed on the mobile screen, Yash immediately knew what his answer would be. But before sending anything, he wanted to be sure about his feelings. But as he started thinking, he realized that there was nothing to think about. He has already fallen for her. So, he sent a big "Yesss" to her.

That 'yes' changed everything, she was overwhelmed with all kind of feelings and did not know how to react. She was hoping for a 'yes' but she was not sure that she will get it. But when she saw a 'yes' flashing over the screen, she lost it. He asked her about her feelings, too. And the reply made him shocked, too.

"Yash, I like you always, I love you sometimes!" those words were more than enough to get him all emotional. It literally made him cry out of joy, he could not believe that all of this was happening in real. He could not wrap his mind around any of it. It was a blissful moment for him. He wanted the time to stop, so that he could devour all the happiness and can lock it safely in his heart.

That night, they chatted till morning. None of them wanted the night to end but eventually it had to. But the morning brought a new day. A day which held so much promise for their future. A day which both of them were seeing in a new light. A day which will go on forever...

---------------

How was the chapter? How are you liking the story so far?

If you are enjoying it, put a VOTE and COMMENT your views.

Don't be a silent reader, I would love to hear what you think about this story.