Chapter Ten: Not The End, Rather, A Beginning

"The dragons are still a bit apprehensive on signing the new contract we've instituted," the king explained. "They need to be persuaded."

"What exactly are you saying, sire?" Namjoon inquired.

"I'm saying that we need to infiltrate their side. Maybe offer them a few more gifts," he said.

"Your majesty, with all due respect, that's a bit too risky for my men," Yoongi noted.

"I don't need your men," the king huffed. "I need your woman."

My head perked up as I felt Jisoo squeeze my hand under the table. Because of my new position, I was attending many more meetings which were all extremely boring. Nonetheless, I remained positive about the situation. Besides, I had Jisoo sitting right next to me.

She insisted on coming to the meetings to learn more about the kingdom, which I strongly admired. It wouldn't be long before she would be able to claim the throne if she wanted to. In my opinion, it was only fair to let her in on some of the secrets of the palace knights.

I turned my attention from the beautiful princess to her father, who had a kind gaze to his expression. The room stayed silent until I spoke up.

"What is the plan, your majesty?" I asked.

The king went over his route that he and Yoongi had fabricated. It went across many terrains, each one more different than the last. It seemed rather dangerous to cross by foot, but I wouldn't let the king down. He was one of the only people who truly believed in me.

"Alright," he cleared his throat. "Lisa, are you sure you can handle this?"

"Positive," I said swiftly.

"Then I suppose this meeting is dismissed. You'll disembark tomorrow." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "And I wish you the best of luck, Lisa."

"Thank you, your majesty." I beamed.

I proceeded to head down to the knight's quarters, where I prepared my armor and weapons. Ever since my knighthood, the king made sure that I had all the finest in armor and weapons that money could buy. Quite frankly, I was immensely flattered at his gesture. Because of him, I could go on more quests and fulfill the title that my knighthood gave me.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a head rest against my back. I didn't even need to hear her words to know who it was. She did this all the time whenever I was working.

"Do you really have to go?" Jisoo said, her voice muffled in my back.

I nodded. "The kingdom needs me right now, Chu."

She pouted adorably. "Call me selfish, but I need you too."

"It's not like I'm gone forever," I chuckled. "Just for a little bit."

"A little bit too long," she huffed. "Then let me go with you."

"Princess, it's far too dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt." I turned around to face her.

"You're the one that I'm worried about getting hurt," she argued. "Besides, I've got tougher skin now."

I sighed. "Don't try to change the subject. It's too risky to take you with me, that's all."

"Lisa, have you forgotten something?" She raised an eyebrow.

"What could I have possibly forgotten?"

"I'm a literal dragon," Jisoo stated strongly, but then changed to a more upbeat tone. "Imagine it, Lis! You and I going off being adventurers and defeating villains and such!"