Prologue

A/N: Hi! This story is dedicated to my friend who loves Sakura and wanted me to write this. Anyway, enjoy!

Y/N = your name

L/N = your last name

Updated A/N: Oh my god, we're back again

Also, for future reference, all my new author's notes (up until chapter 8) will say 'updated a/n' just so everyone can tell them apart from the old ones :)

Y/N's POV

Obnoxious beeping from my alarm clock suddenly wakes me up, signaling the start of a brand new day. Normally I would be annoyed by this, but today is special. Today is the first day of school, and my first day at Hope's Peak Academy. I must admit, I am a bit nervous to be around other ultimates, but I push through the nerves and get dressed.

After getting ready, I'm greeted by my parents in the kitchen. "Y/N, we have a present for you!" My mother can barely contain her grin as she hands me a small box.

I take the box from her hands and carefully open it. Inside of the box is the most gorgeous necklace I've ever seen. It's a simple silver chain with a small microphone charm on it. The microphone has little pink gems on it to make it stand out even more.

"I love it so much! Thank you!" I give them each a hug as my dad helps me put the necklace on. The necklace matches perfectly with my other piece of jewelry, a small music note ring from my grandparents. In case my accessories of choice haven't given it away by now, allow me to tell you that I am the Ultimate Singer.

After that exchange, I quickly said goodbye and began my walk to school. My parents offered to drive me, but I would always prefer to walk. Walking allows me to relax and take in the scenery on my way to school.

When I arrive, I look up and admire the sight in front of me. The school looked beautiful in pictures, but that's nothing compared to how it really looks. With my head held high and my confidence showing, I walk into school ready to start my new life.

*One Year Later*

It's funny how much things can change in a short amount of time. The first day of school has rolled around once again, but everything is different now. The good news is I made friends during my first year of school, four actually. Aoi Asahina, Makoto Naegi, Toko Fukawa, and Sakura Ogami are the best friends I could've possibly asked for. Unfortunately, recent events have made it so not even they can help me.

Over the summer, my mother was killed in a car crash and I haven't been the same since. I miss her so much and it doesn't help that there isn't anyone I've talked to about it. My dad has fallen into a state so bad that he rarely even talks to me anymore. I haven't told any of my friends either, and I'll hold off from telling them as that isn't a very pleasant way to start a school year.

My mom may be gone, but her wise and motherly words are still alive in my mind. Specifically her advice about my crush on a certain martial artist. Yes, you heard me correctly, I have a crush on my friend Sakura. In my defense, how could I not? She's an amazing person with a great personality and incredible fighting skills. To top it all off, she's beautiful! My mom said that I should tell Sakura how I feel, but I'm not so sure about that. I already know that I don't have a chance with her, especially with Hina in the picture. Hina and Sakura are very close and I can already tell that they would make a great couple. I've seen the way Aoi looks at Sakura, and it hurts more every single time. Oh well, though.

As I enter the school, I look around and immediately spot Sakura standing with Makoto and Hina. I quietly walk over to them and start fiddling with my ring, waiting for them to notice my presence.

As the conversation goes on, I almost decide to leave and go find Toko. They hadn't noticed me yet and I didn't want to interrupt their conversation, so there would be no harm done. My plans changed when I heard the cheerful voice of Aoi Asahina say, "Y/N! How long have you been standing there for?"

I shrug and reassure her that I haven't been here too long. I'm not in too much of a mood to socialize, so I just listen to what the others say and nod along.

I jump when I feel a hand touch my shoulder, but it was just Sakura. "Are you alright, Y/N? You've been very quiet so far," she whispers, as to not attract attention from the other two. I blush slightly from both how close she is and the fact that she cares enough to check up on me. I nod at her comment, and give her a small smile to try to convince her. She doesn't seem to buy it, but she goes right back into the conversation regardless.

I slip away from them so I can go find Toko, as I haven't seen her yet. Knowing her, she is probably watching Byakuya from a very creepy distance. I sigh at the thought of my friend doing that to herself. This is gonna be a long year.