Chapter 8

A/N: *casually chugs a can of ginger ale* new chapter time, fellers >:)

ALSO I'M NOT SURE WHERE IT'S GONNA BE WHEN EVERYONE READS THIS BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW (May 15th, 2021) WE'RE NUMBER 1 IN THE SAKURA OGAMI TAG SO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH <3

Y/N's POV

What I did do yesterday when I got home from school was walk my totally-real-and-not-at-all-made-up pet fish. What I did not do yesterday was have a brain malfunction because of how desperately in love with Sakura Ogami I am. This is very vital information. Why am I telling you this? Well...

"So Y/N, how did walking your fish go yesterday?" that's why.

I nervously play with my ring, not yet ready to meet Sakura's eye. "Yeah, it went well. My fish...enjoyed the exercise...?"

She laughs and nods, before taking her normal seat near me. I silently slam my head down on my desk, knowing that I just had one of the most awkward encounters in this entire story.

"Hate to break up the super awkward conversation that some of you were having, but it's time to start class." Monokuma says while staring intensely at me. "Now, I know you're all used to me letting you go off to do your own thing, but I can't do that today. I was told by one of this school's bigshot higher-ups that if I don't start doing my job, I'll be fired. With that being said, it's time for me to assign you all a group project!"

Instantly, everyone's eyes darted towards their friends. Mine, of course, go straight to Sakura. As it turns out, she had the same idea.

"Did I forget to mention that I already picked your groups?" his evil grin being met with collective groans from the entire class.

"Kuwata, Fujisaki, Togami, and Asahina, you're Group One." Hina gives us a depressed look before sighing and heading over to sit with her group.

"Ishimaru, Hagakure, Yamada, and Maizono, Group Two." Mondo shoots Monokuma a glare so intense that I can feel it from my seat as Taka smiles apologetically at him.

"Ikusaba, Owada, Naegi, Ludenberg, and Kirigiri, Group Three." Once the five of them move to sit together, four of us are left to eye each other from our seats.

Junko gives a large, mischievous grin as Monokuma reads out the final group. "Ogami, Enoshima, Fukawa, and L/N, get to work so I don't get fired."

"Hiii!" Junko calls out in a singsong voice as she sits down next to Sakura. "So, what are we doing for this project?"

"Monokuma hasn't told us that yet, remember?" Toko mutters so quietly that only I could hear it.

"Alright students, your assignment is to come up with something that showcases the talents of everyone in your group. Puhuhu, have fuuuuun."

I turn to my group, and the four of us begin to brainstorm ideas. The process went on for about ten minutes, until finally we came up with something. It was originally Sakura's idea, but we had decided to do a short performance that would be written by Toko.

"So Toko, do you think you can manage to incorporate Sakura's talent into this somehow? Junko can do the costumes, you can write, and I can sing something, but we still need to include martial arts somehow?"

"There's no guarantee that y-you'll like it, but I do have an idea..." she trails off.

I look at Sakura, and she nods encouragingly. Junko just shrugs, and Toko gives a determined nod before going right to work.

The rest of class was spent with Toko working intensely on the script, while the rest of us sat around and watched. Needless to say, it wasn't very exciting.

*Timeskip brought to you by a bored author who really just wants to get to the exciting stuff already*

"Happy presentation day! So, which one of you brave little groups would like to go first?" Monokuma looks around the room, making awkward eye contact with everyone.

Junko smirks lazily and raises her hand, "our group would!". Oh no.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I promise you there's a reason for it. Next chapter should be pretty interesting...