57 Laxatives, Sundresses and Scrabble boards

Listen to Lost In Japan by Shawn Mendes

(Laxatives are usually administered to patients who have a hard time pooping.  They come as pills, liquids etc)

Stella Davis

"I still can't believe you two brought Sabastian here?" I said from the Hawaiian hotel's dressing room.  While Chad and Aimi waited outside, I pulled a dress over my head.  "What were you thinking?  That I'd bone him and forget Meera?"

Aimi clicked her tongue.  "That's exactly what I was thinking.  Now come out!  Let's see how that dress looks on you.

Chad spoke.  "It's vacation, Stella!  What happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii."  He laughed at his own joke.  

"He kept bugging me about Meera throughout the plane ride.  Apparently, it bothers him that she's forty."

I brushed a hand on my abdomen, the fabric of my sundress feeling soft against my skin.  Then I opened the door, revealing my new outfit to them.  I struck a pose. 

"No, no, no, no, no!  You are not wearing this dress," Aimi said.

I scowled, eyeing her similar dress and Chad's coconut print shirt.  "Why not?"

Chad backed me up.  "She looks pretty."

Aimi threw her arms in the air.  "Duh!  That's what I'm saying, bitches.  You look too pretty.  I don't want you to get kidnapped on foreign soil."

I smiled, but it soon became a sad pout.  I felt undeserving of being happy at this moment.  "You guys..," I whined, wrapping my hands around them in a group hug.  "I'm gonna miss Meera so much."

"We know," they groaned, swaying with the hug.  

Aimi added laughingly, "Even I miss Meera, bitch!  And I'm not the one she dumped.  Stop talking about her."

Diane Jewel

"Hello, Dy!" Simon's voice sounded deeper on the phone.

I drowsily smiled.  "Good morning...Why did you call?"

"I can't see you today.  Umm, I'm going to visit my mother.  I haven't seen her much since dad...died."

My heart involuntarily glowed like a happy sun inside me.  "Baby, you're finally gonna meet her!" I said, my voice high.  I expectantly added, "Do you want me to come?"

There was a small pause where he thought.  "I'm sorry, Dy.  I think we need to figure things alone."

I nodded vigorously, even though he couldn't see.  "Don't be sorry.  I get it." 

Another long pause followed, where I recklessly longed for his voice.  

In his solemn voice, he said, "Are you gonna miss me?"

I snorted, loud enough for him to hear.  "You know I will!  Now go get your Momma!"

Simon chuckled.  "I'll miss you too.  But college is reopening tomorrow, so I'll see you there.  And Dy..," he said, his tone growing unsure.  "I know you have a job and all, but let me take you on a date tomorrow night.  Please, please take a day off this one time.  Please?  For me."