Fiammetta

Haven't heard from her in a long time!!!

Fiammetta now hit 2 weeks of the Neverseen. It was all good, she'd pranked a bit, rebelled a bit, and got off the hook a bit. She did burn her Neverseen cloak, though she told Fintan it was because she lost control of the fire. He let the lie slid. But he did give her extra pyrokinesis lessons. Which wouldn't be so bad if people kept interrupting. 

Fintan asked her to be around him a lot. When she asked him didn't he have more important things to do other than baby-sitting her, he just shook the question off and changed the subject. 

Fia couldn't complain about being around Fintan. He was an inexhaustible mine of information. How there would be a small attack on Gildingham a few days after,  how there was a new member, NightEye, how Tam had committed some other unforgivable crime. She tried to hide her grimace about the Tam ones, and either Fintan didn't notice, or chose to not notice, she didn't know. 

She was supposed to be Fintan's "tag along" that day when what she called the "incident" happened. But she had escaped and walked to a forest outside of the Neverseen head quarters. This was the only greenery around the Neverseen for miles. Fintan seemed to have burned the whole forest when they arrived, only to leave a small patch for a member named Hestia, who is rumored to be Fintan's daughter. However, Hestia was caught and sent to Exile 2 years after when she was 21. She died in Exile a year later. Fintan wanted to burn the forest, but instead had Hestia's Wanderling planted in the forest. Burning Eternalia was his idea of revenge. 

She slowed her run to a walk when she got into the forest. Lush, green shade, it was such a relief.  

Fia came the the center of the Forest, and there, a tall slim Wanderling was planted. It had a cream colored bark dotted with brown, the trunk, though thin was twisted and looked like it had been braided, it also had long strands of blue bell-shaped flowers spreading out, providing a big shade and a soft perfume of burnt sugar. 

She slumped down onto the trunk. There was nothing wrong, she just felt... depressed. She had been twisting her soul into the way the Neverseen wanted it it, and for someone who had so valued freedom, it was horrible. 

Other than that, everything was going absolutely spiffing. Her eyedropper plan had worked. The more Fintan's eyes clouded, the more he used the eyedroppers, and the more his eyes clouded. It was a never ending cycle. Though she sort of felt bad for Fintan as Fia stared up into the soft blue flowers. 

And with a heavy heart, she moved back towards the Neverseen after a few minutes. The door to Fintan's meeting room was ajar, and there were calls of "How dare you" and "I will burn you to ashes!" 

Fia's heart kept to her throat. Fintan had told her a few days ago that Tam had failed a mission. One propose or intentionally, she didn't know. Fintan had said that he would punish him. 

Fia ran to the room on top speed. Fintan was standing over a corner, two people flanking his sides. Fintan looked back as Fia entered. 

"Just in time, you've come and witnessed the punishment of a disappointment." He sneered. Fia tried toast impassive, but she immediately regretted closing the door behind her as she noticed Tam trying to hide in the shadows in one corner. 

Tam repeatedly tried to melt into the shadows, but the room was so bright it didn't allow room for shadows. And Fintan's hands were fiery balls of flame. 

Fia stifled her scream just in time. Tam still didn't make any sound, even though he probably knew that pain was seconds a way. 

Then there was a splintering noise. All 4 of the whipped around, but Tam remained where he was. The door was getting ripped apart, sending splinters everywhere. 

When the door was fully gone, leaving a floor of shards of wood, there, in the doorway stood a stag. His eyes were narrowed, and he looked like he could trample a city. There was one clear view of it, then it sped in Fintan's direction, dissolving into a brown blur on the way, and the next moment, Fintan was thrown into the air, and landed on the floor in a heap. The other 2 members screamed, but both go cut off. One was forced into the wall with the stags antlers, and the other was judo flipped a moment later. 

The stag advanced on Fiammetta. They made eye contact, then as quick as the stag had come, it galloped out of the room.