✕✠ⅩⅤⅡ✠✕ Neglect 😨

<↢↢✕✠---≡---✠✕↣↣>

Wednesday, 16 September 1998

Third Person POV

"-and look at this! You only managed to score 29% in English? What is this!?"

"Look, Papà. I'm not a God-" he folded his arms and sunk deeper into the couch with a pout.

"I NEVER SAID YOU WERE A GOD! JUST, TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR OWN SCORES! YOU'RE PROBABLY THE WORST IN YOUR CLASS!"

"You're not wrong there."

The father was quiet, seeing his son admit to defeat was something he thought he'd never encounter.

But it had just happened.

"That 100% you scored, " he broke the silence before he brought it back again with a small pause, "...that allowed you to continue to the 11th grade, tell me, how could you do such a hard test but not this simple one?! Everyone knows when there's a new, long word in your English vocabulary, you have to learn it by heart, and that's why you spelled 'otorhinolaryngologist' wrong!"

"But nobody needs an 'odarainilarrygollojist' in life!"

He can't even pronounce it!

"How do people come up with such difficult words?" he scratched the behind of his neck.

"Scusa, Narancia, but I think that 100%..."

"What, papà?"

"...was a mistake."

The child's eyes enlarged, hearing this from his own father, it sounded like he wanted his son to fail.

"M-mistake?" The juvenile stuttered as he stood up and so did his father, his eyes twitched due to disbelief.

"OF COURSE IT WAS A MISTAKE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FAIL-"

"NO, I WASN'T! I'M NOT BELIEVING THAT! THERE'S SOMETHING LIKE FATE, YOU KNOW! I WORKED HARD TO PASS THE TEST AND IT WASN'T EASY, FOR YOUR INFORMATION! THANKS TO MY FRIEND GUIDO, I SUCCEEDED! AND I'M CURRENTLY GETTING LESSONS FROM FUGO! SO SHUT YOUR TRAP!!"

"HOW DARE YOU TELL ME TO DOMINATE SILENCE AND HOW DARE YOU CUT ME OFF LIKE THAT! OK, IF YOU'RE SO SURE ABOUT IT NOT BEING A MISTAKE, THEN WHERE'S YOUR PROOF, NARANCIA?! HUH?!"

"It's right here, Papà," Narancia proved, he had a mirror facing his father in his hands.

"Wha- What?"

The Daidai's eyes prematurely became sharp and serious, he pointed to the selfish man in sincerity.

"ARE YOU BLIND?! IT'S YOU! YOU'RE JUST A SELFISH, GREEDY, CARELESS, VORACIOUS, UNGRATEFUL STRONZO AND THIS SHIT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS, EVER SINCE MAMMA DIED! YOU JUST KEEP ON NEGLECTING ME EVERY DAY AND I BETCHA WON'T STOP, NOT UNTIL I FEEL LIKE THE LOWEST SCEMO TO EVER WALK THIS STUPIDO PLANET!"

The man stared into the mirror to look at himself in anger, he wasn't agreeing with anything Narancia had just said.

"THAT IS NOT TRUE-"

"-AND THEN AAAAALL THE NEGLECT YOU KEEP GIVING ME WON'T HELP ME TO FOCUS ON SCHOOL AT ALL AND YOU'RE ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING!! I'LL BE LIKE AN AMATEUR IN KINDERGARTEN ALL OVER AGAIN!"

"SILENZIO!"

The adult managed to snap the reflector off of his son's hand, smashing it to the ground and breaking it into a million pieces without hesitation.

The immediate act made the fellow shut up in an instant.

"IF YOU'RE SO FOCUSED ON SCHOOL, WHY DON'T YOU GET GOING ALREADY AND BEAT UP FRATELLO LIKE YOU DID THE OTHER DAY?! TIME WAITS FOR NOBODY! NOW GET OUT, TESTA DI CAZZO!" The mature male stomped out of the living room in bitterness.