35.

"Namjoon! You're here. Couldn't miss my party?" Jin obnoxiously asked taking a sip of alcohol.

At the moment he was very, very, very tipsy. Way too tipsy to keep his mean attitude towards him.

"Yeah." He blankly stated. He needed some time away from home. Things with his brother weren't too well at the moment.

So being bullied and annoyed by Jin was much better than seeing his brother sad. "Cool. What's that you're drinking?"

As soon as the question slipped his lips he took his beverage and chugged it only to spit it back up.

"Gross. Water."

Namjoon sighed slightly aggravated. "Yeah. That was mine." He quietly mumbled. Jin handed him the cup back.

"How long have you been here?"

"A few minutes."

"Want something to drink? Something that's actually good."

"I was fine with my water." He responded setting the cup to the side.

"Really now? You need something that'll fuck you up. Something strong that will make you so sick you will forget all your problems."

"Wow. Sounds amazing. Except I actually have responsibilities tomorrow. Can't do that."

"Then why'd you come to a party?"

Namjoon shrugged leaning against the wall. The music was starting to make his ears hurt and the environment itself wasn't his cup of tea.

"Are you okay? You don't seem yourself. I can't bully you if you're sad."

He chuckled, "At least you're a decent bully."

"Everything might seem like it sucks ass right now. It will eventually get better. It has too. It's only fair, right?"

"That was by far the worst inspirational talk I've ever been told."

"Yeah. I'm not very good at that." He smiled.

For a second it felt like they were actually connecting. They were talking without insults and without the attitude. It was pretty nice.

"I'll give you credit for the house. It's nice to look at. The music is a zero and the people a negative one."

"What? Are you kidding? This music is the shit okay?"

"Mmm no." He told wrinkling his nose.

"Is too."

"Nope."

"Is too." He repeated stepping closer.

Namjoon cleared his throat after they stared at each other for far too long. "I should go socialize."

"You're socializing with me." Jin stated.

"Yeah, but you know. I don't know. I might go find something else to drink." He nervously said turning the opposite way.

Jin grabbed his arm making him gasp. "What are you doing?"

"Stay here with me."

"I...uhh...no. I'll rather get going."

"Why? Are you afraid that you'll end up liking me? Or even like talking to me?"

Namjoon pulled away and looked at the ground. "It was nice talking to you, but you are only this nice because you're tipsy."

"How would you know if you haven't even given me the chance?"

"Your past actions tell me otherwise."