Chapter three

In this chapter Cree is the main character. You're gonna understand what am trying to say soon.... just follow the story thanks😊.

*Cree

As soon as I got to the new apartment my parents got me, for reasons best known to them.

I sat on the sofa, I stretched my leg and placed them on the stool in front of me.

I heard my phone ringing, it was my mum. It was as if I already know, I knew it is either my mum or no one else, cause she would have been worried.

That's normal right, yea I think so, I think is normal for your parents to be worried about you most especially if you are the last born.

Well that's more common to all mums isn't it? It is as I believe and know well

I was so happy that she called, because at least  she is gonna tell me what was going on, well that is a maybe cause I am not very sure of that, but I hope so though.

"Hey mum" I said as I picked up the call.

"Hello baby boy" my mum replied.

I was displeased by her reply. I always hate the fact that I am the last born of the Dankworth's, they always treated me as if no, if they don't I might die, like geez. I always feel frustrated with their actions,they over pamper me as if am gonna go crazy if they do not. I do not use to like whenever my mum calls me a baby boy, but she wouldn't listen each time I tell her.

I always wonder if truly I was a boy or a man, and if I can make decisions on my own, cause my parents do not give me breathing space, they never try to give me breathing space.

I am still wondering why I was told to disguise and be what I am not, which I am pondering on and still don't get.

"Mum, I have been telling you, times without number, that you shouldn't call, or address me, as a baby" I said, though she is not pleased with my reply, so am I.

"Oh, baby, sorry, you know you are my last baby, so, I should call you a baby" she said, which made me more furious than I was. It is so nauseating that she has to keep on addressing me as a baby,  I don't even know why she can't stop addressing me as baby for once, just once.

"Mum it's enough, enough, enough of all this 'baby' stuffs now" I spat almost yelling at the top of my voice.

It's always annoying, i never like that one fact, she keeps on addressing me as baby anywhere.

"Okay dear" she said

'Thank Goodness' I muttered to myself and I told her "thank you" I am happy now, that she finally stopped the whole baby stuffs

"So my dear, how did the interview go, where you given the job" she asked eagerly.

I never had the idea of why my parents decided that I should work for a year and have a working experience, when I had affluent parents.

"Yes mum, you know am kinda cute, and you know have got lots of brains up here" I said jokingly, pointing out the second finger, on my right hand at my head, as if my mum was gonna see it.

"Yeah, that's my son, you shocked them, I love you son"

"I love you too mum" I gave her a small smile like she was gonna see it, and soon the smile faded away.

I awkwardly asked her for the reason why I was to do all this and pretend to be poor, which I am not.

"My son, you know what, youjust have to play along, for as long as you can, you know mum and dad loves you, we are sorry to make you go through all this but it's just to make you become more mature and more responsible, you know we love you so much, and we won't love to make you go through hardship, we are doing this for your future, darling. I promise to let you know once we are through, am gonna tell you the reason very soon, you know-" I cut in when I noticed her voice was beginning to change, it was as if I can feel tears in her eyes.

It wasn't as if there were tears in her, she is sober already, so i need to act like the big boy I always clamour and call myself, and just understand that they had a reason for doing this.

"It's enough mum, I love you too, my regards to dad, bro and sis, tell them I love them" I  cut in as rapid as possible, cause I know my mum talks way too much, if she starts talking, she can talk for the whole day.

"Okay, take care of yourself honey"

"Yes and you too mum" I hung up the call quickly before she starts talking about something else, I don't want her to start a new conversation cause she's gonna waste all my precious time on a phone call.

I can't just say my mum is garrulous, but the truth be told though, my mum is kinda loquacious.

Fifteen minutes later, I head into the bathroom I was in the bathtub for over twenty minutes I was inside the bubbles, thinking about my life, what is gonna happen, what is going on, and lots of worrying thoughts deep down in me, I remained there for long, I was almost dozing off, then I showered and head back into my room.

I wore a pyjama onesie, which truly made me look like a baby. Laughing my ass off, well that could be true though, I kinda look like a baby

I laid in bed, and made the sleep to take me. I dozed off completely.

Please drop your comments and opinions about this chapter @boluwafavour thanks so much 😘😊