Chapter 1

"get up!" Stefan shouted.

It was a Monday and also my first day back at school since the holidays.

"No! Let me stay at home!" I begged. Grabbing my pillow.

Using his vampire strength he tilted the bed to a strange angle and let me drop on the floor.

"Hm!" I hmed. "No fair! Human skin remember!"

"If you got up it wouldn't be so hard! Now hurry."

I got up and had a really quick shower and hair wash. Then I dried my red hair and put it up in a messy bun. The weather was very nice outside so I got away with wearing small blue denim shorts and a red vest top.

I ran down the stairs and stumbled at the bottom. Stefan caught me.

"What would I do without you?" I joked.

"Not a lot of good." He said and grabbed my bag for me.

He was about to leave when I stopped him.

"Excuse me! Your driving me right?"I asked.

"Yeah. Come on."

"Just because you don't eat doesn't mean I don't! I'm hungry."

"We will pick something up on the way." He stated.

Then I gave up and threw myself into his car. It was a black BMW. Not as cool as my dark purple motorbike. But Damon took off on it about a month ago and never came back.But that's a whole different story.

"I want my bike back." I said sadly.

I really missed Damon much more but I wasn't the sentimental type so I wouldn't admit it.

"Is that really what you are missing though?" Stefan knew how I felt. I mean Damons his brother.

"Yeah. Damon can do what he wants, I'm not his mother. You know he will be back...he's always back." I said.

No matter how much I told myself that I still didn't believe he was safe or coming back.

After school me, Stefan and Clare were sitting at the grill and I had a burger. Clare's Stefan's girlfriend and a close friend of mine. They sat in front of me in one of the booths and Stefan had his arm around her.

Clare had very light ginger hair that basically looked blonde and had green eyes. She was also very beautiful. Her gingery blonde hair just below her shoulders.

Today she had her hair curled elegantly and had natural make up on. Whereas I had my hair up in a messy bun and dark make up on.

"Still no news on Damon then" Clare asked as she sipped her lemonade.

She was one of the group of people in town that knew all about the supernatural kind.

"What is it with Damon? He can go where he wants to. No one needs to keep trying to nanny him! He's a grown man!" I practically shouted across the table.

Realising how stupid I sounded I got up and grabbed my bag. Then I left the table.

I returned after about a minute when I realised I didn't have my burger.

"I'll go talk to her." I heard Clare say as I was walking away.

She followed me.

I lead her to a broken down tree that sort of looked like a seat, then I just sat there and a tear came to my eyes.

"Your right." She said. Sitting down on an empty piece of the tree. "He is a grown man. Which means he will be back soon if he's smart."

"That's the think though Clare." I said. "He's not smart."