Goodbye, Grandma

Today is January 5th, 2015.

Time: 9:51 PM.

Time of death: 9:50 PM.

        I never thought it would end this way. She deserved everything. She had everything. Cancer...cancer is my enemy. It beats everyone down until they are nothing but shear pieces of grey, hairless skin. It took my only support from me. Now, I ...I really am alone.         

A tear rolls down my cheek, gripping my grandmother's limp hand, holding it to my face. We were at home, winter storming outside. At least she went on a day she loved. For some reason, I couldn't understand, she absolutely loved the snow. Maybe that is why she chose Whitechapel to live in. Or perhaps the magic?

        Fisting my other hand, I shoot away from her, going into the other room. Going through my drawer, I finally find my cellphone. Shaking, I dial Ethan's number. Sobs shake my body as each ring echos my wretched breaths, and soon a soft voice answers.

"Hello?"

Sniffling, I try to find my voice.

"H-Hi...E-Eth-than..." Running my fingers through my hair, my voice cracks in desperation to get words out. I can almost feel him stiffen on the other line.

"What's...wrong... Benny?"

"Grandma...she....Ethan...she's gone..."

Ethan's eyes widen, and instantly, his anger fades with a snap.

"I'm coming over." This surprised me. I knew he was mad. I knew everyone was mad at me. I thought they hated me. I thought my BEST friend....hated me. Why...does he care...

"A-Alright..." I choke on my breath, and he hangs up- ringing buzzing into my skull.

        I slide my back down the wall, eyes dying as for those minutes until Ethan arrived, I was dead. Completely dead. Not just vampire dead. But dead. Nothing. Nonexistent. I was a forgotten shadow in the wind, no one cared, no one noticed my pain. My eyes wander to my scarred arms, each line mocking me, tempting me with foul words.

        Ethan rushes into the room I was in, and kneels next to me, not knowing what to do. I look up with depressed eyes, red and puffy. My nose was stuffed, leaking the same tears that seaped from my tear ducts. I could see the internal conflict going on through his eyes. It was the same look I had in mine the moment I realized I was a fledgling, so long ago it seems.

"What....what did she die of?" He asks me, proving his ignorance to the situation. He would have known if he did't take everyone's sides, and not stay with me. His best friend.

I suck in a breath before answering, with strain in my voice.

"She ...uh...has lesions on her brain. Refused medical treatment. So...she just....died."

"I'm sorry, Benny...I should have been here for you."

Yeah, you should have.

But you weren't.

At least you're here now.....I needed this...

Very, very much...