Chapter 2 ~ Catch Up

You walk into the Great Hall and smile, memories of feasts and fun flooded back to you.

Sitting on the seat appointed to you look over, having a great view of the empty tables. Flitwick sat and you chatted a bit.

Soon all of the teachers had sat, Snape sat next to you and students started to fill the hall.

"I remember how fun this was" you smile, looking at Snape

"Yes you used to love coming back to school after the summer break." he said "I always wondered why"

"it meant I could see you" you say smiling "Seeing as I lived so far away from you." you sigh "why did we get out of contact?"

"We just went our separate ways" he said. "You see that boy, Griffindoor, first year with the black hair?"

"yep"

"That's James and lily's son" Snape sneered

"I hope he is nothing like his father" you murmur

"We will see" Snape said.

You sat in silence, looking over the hall. "I wanted to contact you" you said "Especially after I heard Lilly died. I knew how much she meant to you".

Snape's face fell and he sighed. "Yes, thinks where difficult. We should have a drink after this" he suddenly said.

"Sure" you smile, "It will be great to catch up properly".

Soon the first years went off and the hall mostly emptied as the other students went to their rooms.

You had been chatting with Snape for a while. He seemed to open up a bit, but you saw how the death of Lilly still badly affected him. You always liked him but you didn't want to hurt his grieving.

"Should we go?" you ask and he nods, finishing his drink he leads you down to his office and you sit down.

He takes out some Beetle Betty whisky from a cupboard and poured two glasses, handing one to you, you sit with him.

"So, what have you done for these years" he asks.

"I worked at the ministry in human muggle relations but it got a bit stressful" you explained, "So when I saw that the muggle studies classes were looking for a new teacher I had to accept."

"well. I am, pleased we got to see each other" Snape said, kinda smiling.

"I missed you" you murmured.

".. I did too" he finally said. "I have been shutting myself from people".

"Well, I hope you don't do that to me" you smile and finish your drink.

Snape nods and sits, staring at his drink, thinking. "I'm going to go" you say "I will hopefully see you".

"Yeah..." Snape said.

You leave the room. "did I offend him?" you think "I hope I didn't. He was so quiet" you the not to think about it and instead go to your room and sit down. You soon fall asleep, hoping tomorrow wouldn't be too bad.