Chapter 12 ~ Duling Club

You stood on the sidelines of the Duling arena next to Severus. Lockheart stood on the stage, talking rubbish about his work and how famous he was. You roll your eyes and look at Snape who smirked at you.

"Professor Snape has kindly volunteered to help me with this presentation" he announced.

"Why don't you ask professor (l/n)?" Severus replies

You grin. "an excellent idea professor Snape!" Lockheart said and you walk up the stairs towards him, taking out your wand. You stand in front of him and bow before turning and walking away from him. Turning once more you put up your wand.

"1....2....3" Lockheart counted.

"Expelliamus!" you shout, causing Lockheart to be flung backwards and his wand to be flown from his hand. The kids around started to laugh and quickly Lockheart got up embarrassed. "Well, it was pretty obvious what you were going to do" he smirked "and if I wanted to, I would have"

You smirk at this, doubting his words. "Shouldn't we first teach the students how to block enemy spells?" Snape calls to Lockheart.

"Yes, good suggestion." he said "Potter! weasly!

"Weasly's wand will send Potter to the Hospital Wing in a matchbox" Snape sneered "How about someone from my own house, Draco perhaps?". He signals Draco to get onto the stage as you to back and stand next to Snape.

The Duling commenced between the two boys and everyone was shocked when Harry started to speak parseltongue. You quickly destroyed the snake and sent the kids off.

" Was that parseltongue?" Lockheart asked.

"Yes" you and Severus said together. "Shouldn't you already know how to recognise it?" you ask "Seeing as you are the defence against the dark arts teacher"

Lockheart went white. "I was just making sure" he spluttered.

You nod and smile. "We will all need to keep an eye out on Potter," you say "And report this incident".

"Of course. I will do that" Lockheart said, quickly leaving the room.

"He seems to be on edge" you say putting away the arena. Severus chuckled.

"You always put him in his place" he says.

"Well if he wants to act like a small child then I will treat him as such" you say.