you can't hug a dead girl

*3 person pov*

Peter's stomach growls. " peter breakfast is ready" may's soft voice can be heard outside his door "I'm not hungry" he mumbles back. a loud sigh can be heard folowed by the door swinging open to reveal a concerned-looking may  She walks over to a desk with a delicious looking plate of food and places it down. "Peter you have to eat something" "i will may. i'm fine really. i-i just need time."  " It's been months Peter. need two go back to school soon, you can't just hide in your 'cave' forever" he just nods and with another sigh she leaves him be.

6 months 5 days and 32 hours to be precise. He thinks. 6 months since I've heard her beautiful voice. 6 months since I've seen her adorable smile. 6 months since I've held her soft hands. 6 months since I lost her forever. I miss her more than actions or words can express. I-I loved her. oh What I would give to snuggle up and watch a movie with her one more time. To laugh with her again. To see her again. To hold her again.  even to listen to her complain about homework (even though it only took her 2 minutes to complete, at most).

 "... peter if you don't eat that bacon within the next 30 seconds i'll do it  for you..."  he can almost hear her voice as if she were still there to treaten stealing his food. he chuckles to himself and grabes a small pieice of bacon off the plate.

after finising his bacon he walks over to a box of Lillian's things. Her camera catches his eye. he start looking threw her pictures. Many of them of himself goofing off or doing something stupid. There's one of him with his ironman mask on the day after his first real encounter with his hero "nice job kid" words that were quickly forgotten by the billionaire meant the world to little peter. then there's one of Lillian with her eyes closed singing to herself not even noticing that there was another person in the room to take a picture in the first place.

 That was the day Peter had found his soulmate. Officially that is. And she didn't even know. Peter starts humming the song he knows by heart. His soulmate song. He just wishes his soulmate was there to sing with him. 

Meanwhile across the country in her closet, Lillian starts singing the same song to herself . not knowing how important it is.

(Peter , Lillian)

Do you remember feeling invincible?

When there was trouble it was us against the world

We kept running, running through the night

Chasing the sun 'til anything felt right

They both sing the chorus

Can you save me now?

I get lost up in the clouds

Can you save me now?

You were my gravity

Can you save me now?

When the ground drops out I get lost in the clouds

Save me now?

You were my gravity

Now my world is shattering

You were my gravity

You were my gravity

Lillian stops singing in favor of humming.                                                                                                                And Peter starts singing a little louder.

You left me out there with no one but myself

In an open field for lightning to strike me down

I was the moon, you were the sun

I can't seem to shine now that you're gone

You ran out of orbit cause you left with no word

Are you somewhere better now?

They both sing the rest of the song. eyes closed imagining each other sitting next to them singing. Tears sparking in both their eyes.

Can you save me now?

I get lost up in the clouds

Can you save me now?

You were my gravity

Can you save me now?

When the ground drops out I get lost in the clouds

Save me now?

You were my gravity

Now my world is shattering

You were my gravity

You were my gravity

When you went away, thought I'd never be the same

Would the nightmare ever end?

If I could do it again I wouldn't change a thing 'cause it's made me who I am

And now I'm shattering

Can you save me now?

When the ground drops out I get lost up in the clouds

Save me now?

You were my gravity

Can you save me now?

When the ground drops out I get lost up in the clouds

Save me now?

You were my gravity

Now my world is shattering

You were my gravity

They both start crying. two souls brought together by death ,torn apart by it as well. two friends separated by miles of land held apart because of the larger forces at play. but like all things, they will eventually find there way back home. But for the moment all they want to do is hold each other, but they can't because you can't hug a dead girl.