CH. 1 The Beginning

Unknown POV

Warmth

That's one of the few things i could feel. The other things i could feel is another presence.

'Hello' i heard somebody say in my head. 'Hello' i replied back. I thought it was the other person in this place. 'Who are you?' asked the unknown person. As i was about to reply back that i had no name, we heard other voices.

Those voices were not in our heads, but they came from outside.

Third POV

"You look tired," Bella commented.

"Dead beat," Jacon admitted.

"I'd like to beat you dead," Rosalie muttered, too low for Bella to hear.

Jacob slumped deeper in the chair, getting comfortable. His bare foot dangled closer to Rosalie, and she stiffened. After a few minutes Bella asked Rosalie for a refill. As Rosalie blew upstairs to get Bella some more blood, it was really quiet.

And then Edward said, "Did you say something?" in a puzzeled tone. Strange, because no one had said anything.

Edward was staring at Bella, and she was staring back. They both looked confused.

"Me?" she asked after a second. "I didn't day anything."

Edward moved onto his knees, leaning forward over her, his expression suddenly intense in a whole different way. His black eyes focused on her face.

"What are you thinking about right now?"

Bella stared at him blankly. "Nothing. What's going on?"

"What were you thinking about a minute ago?" he asked.

"Just... Esme's Island. And Feathers." said Bella, blushing.

"Say something else," Edward wispered.

"Like what? Edward, what's going on?" Bella said concerned

Edward, very lightly, put both of his hands against her huge, round staomach.

"The f-" He swallowed. "It... the baby likes the sound of your voice."

There was one short beat of total silence. Then-

"Holy crow, you can hear him!" Bella shouted. In the next second, she winced.

Edward's hand moved to the top peak of the belly and gently rubbed the spot where it must have kicked her.

"Shh,". He murmured. "You startled it... him."

Bella's eyes got all wide and full of wonder. She patted the side of her stomach. "Sorry, baby."

Edward was listening hard, his head tilted toward the bulge.

"What's he thinking now?" Bella demanded eagerly.

"It... he or she, is..." He paused and looked up into her eyes. His eyes were filled with a similar awe - only his were more careful and grudging. "He's happy" Edward said in an incrudulous voice.

Her breath caught, and it was impossible not to see the fanatical gleam in her eyes. The adoration and the devotion. Big, fat tears overflowed her eyes and ran silently down her face and over her smiling lips.

As Edward stared at her, he heard a different voice, coming from Bella's stomach. Curiously, Edward frowned as he listens closer to the new voice. It was a differnt voice from what he heard earlier.

Bella looked towards Edward, a concerned look on her face. 'Why is he frowning? Is there something wrong?'. As Bella wanted to ask what was wrong. "Twins." Edward wispered suprised.

"What?" Bella asked, she didn't understand what Edward had said.

"Twins!" Edward said louder, nearly shouting.

Bella's eyes went wide from shock, TWINS! She coudn't stop thinking, two babies were in her stomach now.

"Is the other baby also happy, Edward?" Bella asked, still in shock from the news of twins.

"Yes Bella, the other baby is also happy." said Edward, happy that both the babies in the stomach are happy.

He stared at Bella, his face was not frightened or angr or burning or any other expressions he'd worn since their return. He was marveling her. 

"Of cours they're happy, pretty babies, of cours both of you are," Bella crooned, rubbing her stomach while the tears washed her cheeks. "How could you not be, all safe and warmed and loved? I love you both so much, little EJ and baby girl, of course you're both happy."

"What did you call them?" Edward asked coriously.

Bella blushed again. "I sort of named him. I didn't think you would want... we, you know. And for baby girl, we didn't even knew of her."

"EJ?" Edward asked, while raising a eyebrow.

"Your father's name was Edward, too." Bella said.

"Yes, it was. What - ?" he paused and then said, "Hmm."

"What?" Bella asked.

"They like my voice, too."

"Of course they do." Her tone was almost gloating now. "You have the most beautiful voice in the universe. Who wouldn't love it?"

"Do you have a backup plan?" Rosalie asked then, leaning over the back of the sofa with the same wondering, gloating look on her face that was on Bella's. "What if he's a she? And what are the names of the other child, you can't name them forever baby girl."

Bella wiped the back of her hand under her wet eyes. "I kicked a few things around. Playing with Renee and Esme. I was thinking... Ruh-nez-may. And for the other one i could maybe name them after you guys, like Royalice or Jasmett."

"Ruhnezmay and Royalice?"

"R-e-n-e-s-m-e-e and Royalice. Too weird?" Bella said.

"No, i like it," Rosalie assured her. Their heads were close together, gold and mohagany. "Their beautiful. And one of a kind, so that fits."

"I still think he's an Edward and I sure the other child is a girl." Bella said.

Edward was staring off into space, his face blank as he listened.

"What?" Bella asked, her face just glowing away. "What are they thinking now?"

At first he didn't answer, and then - shocking the rest of the people in the room, he laid his ear tenderly against her belly. "They love you," Edward whispered, sounded dazed. "They absolutely adore you."

××××××××

(964 words)
I do not own Twilight or any characters except Royalice.