Chapter 46

Song for the chapter:

Hold On (I still want you) by Chord Oversheet

***

Victoria's pov

"Victoria what's wrong? "

"No times for questions Luka. Just get in you car and come home now. Please!"

I threw my phone on the table and ran out behind Emma after I got my message to Luka. She shifted in her wolf so we could be there faster, and I clenched on to the robe for her as she ran through the mass of trees. Minutes after, we approached a group of wolves and I noticed that some were shifted and some still in human form.

I also noticed that Caleb was in his own wolf form, growling and snarling at the man I assumed was Samuel. He was as tall as Lincoln was, and shared most of his features. He was, however, slightly slimmer and looked too old for his age.

Samuel had a calm smile on his face, and two wolves stood behind him. He didn't come alone.

Stella was beside Lincoln crying away, since the plan seemed like it completely backfired. Lincoln's face was still the same as when he left the house minutes ago. It was like he didn't know what to do.

"Aahh my mate is finally here" Lincoln's brother purred as we came into sight.

All heads snapped to me as I approached them. Lincoln looked more irritated at the fact that I didn't listen to him, but I held my head high and strutted towards them.

"I'm no mate of yours, no matter what this woman promised you. I am the Luna of this pack and you are trespassing "

He blinked a few times before doubling over in laughter. He really was crazy.

"So Luka got her huh? You weren't lying mommy Stell" He said with the most annoying amused looked sketched on his face.

"I told you I wasn't! " She cried, obviously overwhelmed by the situation.

"Ah ah" He held up a finger to quiet her. "But I am upset about your little stunt. Taking another man's mate to try and send me away." He clicked his tongue and smirked at me.

"But to make it all better, I suggest I get that one"

I cringed and stepped back as he came closer to me, but Lincoln blocked his way.

"Lil bro" Sam sang. "Don't you want me to be happy? "

"This is not right Sam and you know it" Lincoln growled threateningly and protectively.

"I was wronged first Lincoln!"

His former calm demeanor was now gone and replaced with anger.

"She was mine! Mine! And they took her away from me. So I don't care if I'll take someone else's mate"

He shoved Lincoln so hard that he fell, and marched in my direction. Lincoln was scrambling to his feet and Caleb's wolf looked conflicted. He didn't want to leave Ashley but he didn't want me getting hurt either.