Who are you

Life after returning to home was not easy for Sid. He had to listen to scoldings from his father. He made fun of his incapabilities to survive few days without his money. Sid didn't open his mouth and listened to everything his father said. However the reactions from his mother and brother helped him in sustaining the insults of his father. His mother cried holding him and pulled him inside the house. His brother was relieved seeing him and hugged him as soon as he had entered the house. After the session of scoldings from his father,Sid was taken inside to his room. He was pampered by his mother in every way she could. She fed him with her hands and sat beside him, running her fingers through his hair.

As told by Sana, Sid started going to office on time and tried his best to understand the work and do it in the right way. There were few hiccups in the beginning but soon he started getting better in his work. His father finding him involved in work was happy. He wasn't completely good with his son but the scoldings became less. Apart from few comments, his father was better with him.

Sid's life now ran in a routine that started in the early morning. He goes to gym then office, finally back home. He like Sana waits desperately for the nightfall to see each other and talk their hearts out. He had sent his write ups to publication houses but till date he had got no substantial response from any.

Days went by like this until one day, Sid saw something in his dream. He sees himself looking at a mirror. His face in the reflection looks different though. He has longer hair, light stubble and looks more matured. He hears a voice of an women saying,"Rishi tui khabi aye..Khabar thanda hoye jaache.( You come to eat..food is getting cold)" He looks around, the room is small and dinky with damp patches on the walls and roof. He goes out through a narrow corridor into another small room where on the floor there is a mat and in front of it is a plate of steaming rice and fish curry. A women in her 40's, in saree comes out of a room probably a kitchen with a plate full of something. She is plump, but beautiful. She is fair with her hair tied into a bun. She is wearing white and red bangles in her hand, dones a big Bindi on her forehead and sindoor or vermilion is evident in her hair parting. She looks at him and says," Ki dekhchis bosh..late hoyejabe je..Office ache toh.(What are you looking, sit..you will be late..you have office na.)" Finding him not moving, she comes and pulls him to sit down.

Sid wakes up with a jolt. He is breathing heavily and sweating profusely. What was that? What did he see? Who was the women and whose reflection did he see in his dream? Sid has absolutely no idea what is happening to him. First he saw Sana and him calling her Khushi. And now an entire dream of him in an unknown place with unknown person, speaking altogether a different language. He knew she was speaking Bengali as he had heard his friend Saurav and his family speaking at his home. But who would speak to him in that language.

It is past midnight but without thinking he calls Sana. After a long ring, she speaks up in a sleepy tone. She says," Kya hua bebu? Missing me.." Sid says," Yes baby. Sorry to disturb your sleep. But can you talk to me for sometime. I am really feeling restless." Sana sits up in the bed and asks," What happened? Are you alright? Tabiyat toh thik hai?" Sid smiles and says," Yes. Just wanted to talk to you." Sana says," Are you really ok? Kuch hua hai dad ke saath? Bolo.." Sid explains that nothing as such has happened. He really wanted to hear her voice, so he had called her. He starts talks about random things and then asks,"Can I ask you something?" Sana says," What is it my kullu? You want to know how much I love you, then I love you sooo much. I soo want to see you, hold your hand and hug you. I am missing you baby. I can't wait to run into your arms.." Sid starts to laugh and then says," That I know baby. I also miss you so much. I wish I can fly away to you now..but I need to ask you something.. Did you see me  that day at the airport?" Sana stays quite and says," Yes. I saw you calling me Khushi. Why? Did you see something too?" Sid asks," How did I look?" Sana replies," I don't know. It was just a flash. It happened so fast, I couldn't..wait why are you asking me all these? Tell me Sid, what it is?" Sid laughs and says," Relax babe.  I was just asking. Nothing has happened. Relax. I love you baby. Missing you.." Sana stays quite for sometime and then says," Are you sure there is nothing?" Sid says,
"Trust me my love,
I am telling you the truth.
The dreams that I see,
Only belongs to you.
Where ever I look,
I see your sweet face.
All I wish for,
Is take you in embrace.
My love for you,
Is not for this lifetime.
We have been together,
Our love was always been the prime."

Sid is down with fever the next morning. He tries to get up to go to office, but his brother Jay and his mother don't allow him to get up from his bed. His father for the first time doesn't pass any comment, instead asks his mother to call a doctor. Sid is feeling cold so his mother puts two blankets on him and he says out aloud, "Ki korcho Maa, gorom lagbe..(What are you doing Maa, I will feel hot.)" His mother looks at him with surprise and asks," What did you say? Which language are you speaking?" Sid has no idea what just happened, he lies down speechless. His mother goes to him and sitting beside him, she puts her hand on his head. She says,"Sid, are you alright bacha..I am calling Doctor now. Nazar lagi hai mere bache ko. Let me get something." Sid doesn't protests or says anything. He himself is clueless to how he could speak such fine Bengali, the language he has never spoken in his life.

Doctor arrives and after a check up he declares that there is nothing to worry about. It is just a cold and flu. It is possible that due to high temperature, Sid must have spoken something gibberish. After an injection, prescription for few medicines and explaining the diet, the doctor leaves. Sid falls asleep after sometime. He sees the same dream again. His reflection in the mirror, the same small room, the same sweet woman and the same plate of rice. The only difference was that this time, he sees something else. This time through the window, he sees a glimpse of what it appeared to be Howrah bridge.

Dream or reality..Soon things will unfold. Still hopeful to be read and liked. Please give comments and vote by clicking the star icon below..
Love..💕💕💕💕